Chapter 1

Bree is sitting at the kitchen's table and reading her fashion magazine when she hears a groan coming from the elevator and soon Kaz stomps to the kitchen.

"What's up?" Bree asks and continues flipping through the pages.

"Skylar and Oliver are driving me nuts. Once again they are throwing hints towards each other and they don't even seem to notice that" Kaz explains while he's pouring orange juice into class.

"Tell me about it. It's so obvious they like each other" Bree says and puts away the magazine.

"I don't understand how they can be so blind. I mean, if I had something like that with someone I would notice it" He says and sits down beside Bree, brushing slightly her leg with his when taking the seat. Bree feels warm feeling travel through her body but she brushes it off.

"Yeah, me too" Bree says.

"Ugh! I can't concentrate" Chase exclaims when the secret elevator's doors open once again and he comes out.

"Let me guess, Oliver and Skylar?" Bree asks.

"So you guys have noticed it too?" Chase asks frustrated and takes a seat across from Kaz.

"I think even Mr. Davenport has noticed it and he's not really sharp" Kaz says and Bree chuckles lightly at that.

"We have to do something about it because it's harming our mission here. I can't think when I have to hear all the 'aww Oliver you're so funny' 'No, you are' 'I think you are the most beautiful girl in the world' 'Oh stop it silly'" Chase whines and mimics their voices.

"Don't forget the 'Oops, I dropped my pencil'" Bree mimic Skylar and bends down like Skylar would do.

"That's a classic one" Kaz says and tries his best not to look Bree's ass while she's bending down.

"I'm just so sick of it" Chase says. They hear soon familiar laughing coming from the elevator and Skylar steps out followed by Oliver.

"What's so funny?" Kaz asks even though he isn't really interested.

"Oh nothing. Oliver is just so funny" Skylar says and Bree sneers at that.

"What? You don't think I'm funny?" Oliver asks, his brows furrowed.

"Not really" Bree answers honestly and Kaz smiles at her. That is one of the things Kaz likes about Bree. She was always honest and wasn't scared to say what she really thought about things. If he wanted to hear an honest opinion she was the one he would ask.

"That just hurts" Oliver says and pretends to be hurt.

"Wait, guys can you hear that?" Skylar suddenly asks when she hears like something is flying outside the window.

"Hear what?" Bree asks but soon the window beside her breaks into a million pieces.

"Watch out!" Kaz yells and immediately covers Bree, shielding her with his back. It's like a reflex to him. Bree buries her face against Kaz's chest and holds on to him. Chase ducks under the table and Skylar and Oliver cover themselves. They all wait for a moment before anyone moves.

"What was that?" Oliver asks and lets go of Skylar, whom he had clung to.

"It's a rock and there's a note tied to it" Chase says when he crawls out of his cover and takes the rock in his hand.

"Are you hurt?" Kaz asks worried and moves Bree's hair away from her face so he could properly see if there was any damage. Bree doesn't move for a second and she just stares into his brown eyes.

"No, I'm fine. Are you okay?" Bree asks when she recovers from her trance and checks that Kaz is okay too. She feels her heart pounding hard on her chest and tries to calm herself down. Just being so near Kaz makes her body feel like jelly and thinking about the fact that he had literally thrown himself on top of her to save her life makes her head spin.

"Yeah, I'm okay" Kaz says and stands up, helping Bree getting up in the process.

"It's a threat" Chase says as he reads the paper.

"Guys! What was that?" Mr. Davenport exclaims loudly as he comes from his room to the kitchen.

"Kaz, I'm telling you, if you're playing football inside again I'm going to lock you up in the basement!" He warns and stops when he sees the damaged windows.

"Don't blame me!" Kaz defends himself.

"It wasn't Kaz" Chase says and reads the paper out loud: "Stop playing heroes, you can't win us. We are going to destroy each of you one by one and there's nothing you can do. Ps. We are also sick of Oliver and Skylar".

"What?" Skylar asks with high pitched voice.

"Why they had to ruin the windows, again?!" Mr. Davenport cries and ignores the threat.

"What do we do?" Bree asks.

"I don't know but we can't discuss it here, they might hear us. Let's all think about it for a minute and then meet up in the basement" Chase says before they all separate in different directions.