Chapter 3

"Today I was thinking about us, and I realized that I don't know how you take your morning coffee, or what songs make your heart feel like it's shivering, or what it's like to even fall asleep beside you. It hit me really hard that I barely know you at all, but oh god, do I want to." What? Who wrote this note to me? How'd they get away so fast? I look out my window once more to see nothing. It must be some kid at school that has the wrong house. Maybe it could be, no. It can't be him, hes new and doesn't even know me.

"Mom!" I yelled while walking down the stairs, "Can I talk to you? Alone?"

"Yes honey, in a minute!" She yelled back.

I knock on her door and walk in, shes pulling on a sweat shirt.

"I said I'd be in there in a minute Liz,"

"Mother, this is important."

"Okay, what??"

"Follow me to my room please?"

"Okay, let me put on my slippers,"

Let me tell you something, her slippers are UGLY. They literally look like something went wrong because they were very colorful with bad colors intertwining.

"Don't judge my slippers, you always do," She said.

I smiled, "I can't help that your slippers look very very very ugly,"

"Don't hate me cuz you ain't me,"

I laugh, "Whatevs mom, whatevs,"

We get to my room and I grab the note.

I hand it to her.

"What is so important about this? Haven't you heard of secret admirers?"

"Mom, it's not that. Do you remember the notes Chase used to write to me? Its exactly like his handwriting,"

"Liz, he's gone, he's not coming bac-"

"Do you think I don't know this?! I'm not Alyk's age! I understand death! I just don't understand why its like this mom!"

"Maybe its the new guy honey, maybe you just miss chase and you think it looks like his hand writing,"

"Really mom? Look at these notes Chase wrote to me!"

I went to my jewelry box and pulled out the notes he wrote to me, then I handed them to her, "See? Compare."

"Liz, the difference is Chase knows you, he knows the way you take your coffee, he knows the way you sleep, he knows what music you love, he knows everything about you. Honey I'm telling you, it can't be him. Yes, I will admit, their handwriting looks the same, but the way it sounds just isn't Chase,"

"You know what, you're right. It's whatever, must be my imagination. Sorry for making this a big deal,"

She gets up and walks to me, "Its okay honey, what happened will be with us forever, you can't just ignore that," Then she kisses me on my head then walks out.