My Town

Larissa was just 14 when her mother died during the tragic war that was going on between two small countries.

Her hometown ravenswood was a small town in the middle of the huge war. When Larissa's mother died and her father heard the news he was furious, he wasn't himself at the time.

Her father kicked her out of the house to the streets, but lucky for her Nick was walking near, Larissa felt lonely, sad, and worst of all she had her heart broken when Nick came he asked her why her father had treated her that way, Larissa told him everything.

Nick was her best friends boyfriend and also a close friend of her. Later that day Nick helped Larissa with her bags and took her to Brianna's house ( her best friend and Nick' s girlfriend),

Nick helped place Larissa bags inside while Brianna came running from her living from it looked like two class rooms together, the floor was marvel white and the wall a light green she had a 50 inch plasma tv and a couch in form of a U it was huge, It looked like her parents weren't home at the time then Brianna came up to her and gave her a bear hug.

The idea of Brianna's parents not there bothered Larissa but at the same time it didn't because she was with her best friend the girl that understands her the most, the sister that she never had.

"Ohh my god, are you alright what happened" she said with worry

"We'll my mother is dead, my father kicked me out of the house now I have no where to stay sure I'm fine" I said sarcastically, She was in pain at the brink of crying her voice cracked at the mentioning of her mother, but she stayed strong not to break into tears to show how strong she still was but it was hard everything she knew came crashing down in just one day.

"I am so sorry I didn't know, come you can say here" Brianna told me, Brianna took me to an empty room, it was the guest room on the second floor I notice that there was 5 rooms in total. The room she took me in was nice, the wallpapers were light pink and brown corners, the room was already equipped with a full bed matrice, a closet, and it's bathroom at the left side.

Nick came in with my orange bags, orange is my favorite color no idea why but I love that color. Brianna told me that I could stay there for how long I wanted to, the offer seemed quite attempting but I knew that if I stayed there everything was going to be different and uncomfortable for her parents.
"Thanks, but I have family in Newton, I have an aunt there" I told her.
"Please stay It will be a lot of fun, and my parents agreed that you could stay and live with us" she said as she took my hands in hers, we were sitting at the corner of the bed.

"I'm not sure" I told her really insecured, I've seen independent my whole life and she knows this my mother worked two jobs while my father sat in the couch drinking beer and watching football.

"Okay then just stay a few days, until my parents come back" she asked her voice full of worry and sympathy.

"All right, it would take me sometime to contact my family anyways" I told her totally lying, I knew were my aunt was and where she lived at but I also knew that if I discuss this topic any further she would win because she is the queen of manipulation in a good way.

After that long rainy day I took a shower and changed to my pjs the top was orange and the pants were black with guitars and music icons, I went to sleep uncomfortable it wasn't the bed it was that I wasn't used to going to sleep in this house. Sure I had many sleep overs before but there will be no I love you sweetie anymore before I go to bed or warm hugs from her.

Small tears rolled down eyes into the pillows as memories of my mother came back.