Chapter 3

When I woke up it was eight o’clock. I got up, and had already taken a shower the night before so I didn’t bother to take one again. I made myself some breakfast. And afterwards decided to go for a run on the beach. I lived right across the beach so I just had to cross the street to get there.

I put my headphones in and ran on the beach for what seemed for about an hour. A few songs came on that all I could think of was Niall.

Everything has Change by Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran fitted my situation. Also Enchanted by Taylor Swift.

When I got home I got ready to go to the beach. I was wearing a blue two piece with lace on it, and the bottom were shorts. I wore a white tank top over. I put all my essentials in a beach bag. Sunscreen; lip balm, sunglasses, hand sanitizer, my wallet and keys, and water.

Just then I hear a knock at my door and go to answer.

When I open it I see Niall. “Hey Niall! Let me quick grab some shoes, you can come in if you want.” He walked in and sat on the couch, as I went to my room to get some shoes.

“Your house looks very expensive.” He said when I came back out.

I gave him a weird look, “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“No I just mean like the paintings and it’s very well decorated.” He said, and was now standing up looking at a painting of the sunset.

“Oh.” I said grabbing my bag, and giggling a bit, “Thanks, I uh actually painted that, and a lot of the decorations are just DIY projects I did.”

“Nuh-uh! You painted this?” I nodded back, “I don’t believe you! Wow, you must be very artistic I assume.”

“Yeah a bit, I mean I sll my paintings to make a little more money.” I said, “You ready to go?”

“Yeah, yeah I’m just surprised this is very good.” He said turning back towards me and walking towards the door.

I had my surfboards out in the front already. I said hello to Liam and Louis, and handed everyone a surfboard.

“Ok we just need to cross the beach.” I said looking to see if any cars were coming.

We settled down on the beach and decided to get a little sun first. I turned the radio on my phone. And we started to jam out to the songs. I took my shirt off and felt a pair of eyes on me. I looked over to see Niall staring at me. His eyes meet mine and he blushed and quickly turned away. He took his shirt off too, and then looked over to see if I was looking. I knew the game he was playing so I took my magazine out and acted as if I wasn’t paying close attention to him. From the corner of my eyes I saw him smirk.

After about five minutes I was bored with my magazine and rolled over to my back. Niall came over to sit next to me.

“Hola.” I said looking at the waves.

“Hey.” He said back a few seconds of silence before he started to speak, “So tell me, about yourself.”

“What do you want to know?” And Louis and Liam were listening too

“How’d you learn to surf?” Louis said

“Well I was born here, and we went to the beach a lot and I don’t know I just kind of learned, I was about seven when I started.” I replied back.

“So you’re a California girl.” Niall said, and at that very moment California Girl by Katy Perry came on. I started to laugh, and everyone else joined.

We got to talking and we learned a bit more about each other, although they mainly asked me, since I sort of already knew everything about them. Love Story by Taylor Swift came on.