Chapter 12

Thanks so much for the comments and the votes! I feel so loved !!

I couldn't unleash my rage on him. He held his hand out. I took it and followed him to the empty football field.

"Beck was looking for you."

I sighed. "I turned off my cell phone."

He nodded, "That's what I figured when Grayson tried to call you."

"What did that cheater want?"

"To ask if you needed help with Jason." I rolled my eyes and sat on the grass. "Did Jason call Grayson a cheat?"

"Of course. He has a picture." I huffed.

Brian smiled. "Grayson's trying to get on your good side. He wouldn't cheat on you with her and if he did, he wouldn't lie about it."

He sighed. "You know I'm sorry...right?"

I nodded, "Of course."

He pulled me to him and kissed the top of my head.

"You're the little sister I never had."

I nodded. "Don't fret. 10 years from now, we'll look back and laugh."

He nodded. "Of course."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next month of school dragged on. When prom weekend came, I just didn't want to go. I was watching TV with Eddie and Chris. They were sophomores. They had nothing to get ready for. I heard the sound of tuxes being brought into the house. The guys were back. I slid down in my seat a bit; maybe I'd be over looked.

Chris and Eddie didn't even bother to look over at me. In pack ranking, I was lower then them, two lowest in the pack. If I ever married anyone in the pack, I would get promoted, but that's a long shot...and not what I wanted.

When the guys went upstairs. I repositioned myself on the couch so I was comfortable again.... Then two hands hooked me under my armpits and hauled me over the couch to my feet.

"You're going to make everyone late." It was Conner.

"I don't want to gooooo." I whined.

"Grayson bought you a nice dress. He paid for you to get your nails done. He offered for your hair."

I nodded, "I still don't want to go."

Conner carried me up the stairs like a misbehaving child.