Chapter 16 - Leo

I was restless the next day, during the morning and more so in the afternoon when Jerome and I went to voice class together. I asked him to drive, cause if it was me, I'd probably crash the car at my anticipation.

We arrived a little early, so we stayed in the classroom, the two of us the only people inside. I didn't expect Lucy to arrive early, since she told us numerous times that her class usually ends a little late, so no doubt she'd be late too. She always was.

"Are you gonna tell her?" Jerome broke the deafening silence.

"What? Hell no" I immediately answered.

"Why not?"

"Dude, she's got someone, although they 'aren't official'" I rolled my eyes at the two most absurd words I had ever heard of in my life. "plus I can't just ditch Olivia, my Mum would kill me"

"Leo, you're making this way complicated than it has to be" Jerome said, "if you really like Lucy, then you won't care about what your Mum thinks, or of what Olivia thinks, just focus on yourself"

"I can't" I said simply, not able to put up much of a fight anymore.

"Come on man, you're better than this" He tried to convince me even further.

The exact moment he said that, the door to the classroom opened, it was Daniel and Georges. They proceeded to sit with us, forcing the topic of Lucy to be pushed away for later.

One by one, they all arrived. Lucy came last, as usual.

The moment she sat on her seat the door opened and it revealed Sir Raymond. Talk about perfect timing.

"Okay good! We're all here! Now settle down and we'll begin with the individual performances." He took off his coat and sat down behind his keyboard as always.

People chattered, some of excitement, and some of nervousness. I had to admit, I was happy that I didn't get picked. Jerome was completely over the moon last night at preparing, and I'm not sure I was ready for that kind of thing.

"Alright, first up is Leah"

Since there were literally mirrors everywhere, we all saw Leah's reaction. She looked like a mixture of scared and determined. She actually was one of the most outgoing persons in our class, plus the fact that she dresses kind of skimpy and hits on every guy she sees.

Leah stepped forward and gave Sir Raymond her instrumental. Then she positioned herself in front of the whole class and took a deep breath. I felt like the rest of us were on the edge of our seats, curious about what would happen.

The minute Leah opened her mouth to sing, we were kind of taken aback, cause she was literally a bundle of energy. She was moving around the big space, jumping, skipping, at one point even adding a little choreography.

She sang "I Really Don't Care" By Demi Lovato and Cher Lloyd

When she was finished, Leah was panting hard and sweating like she just ran a marathon. For a while there was silence, then we clapped.

"Okay, thank you Leah" Sir Raymond said, and Leah proceeded to sit back down, when she was stopped abruptly.

"Not yet, please bring your chair to the front facing everyone" Sir Raymond said, pointing to her spot.

Leah complied, and sat in front of us. I could tell she was pretty confident in herself.

"Now, from the end of the line, I want you all to give your comments on her performance" Sir Raymond said, pointing at the person at the end of the line, which happened to be Abby.