Chapter one

A/N this book will be very cheesy and predictable so if you don't like that then you probably won't like my book so don't hate on it please :)

*Jenn*
I hate planes. With a passion. Just like I hate everything else to do with heights. It didn't help that my history teacher had just been making insensitive jokes about the plane crashing (who does that?!) and it definitely didn't make it any better that; not only was my assigned seat a window seat but it was also next to Tom Linton, the school bad boy.

'Ah, Drews!' Tom said giddily as he sat down. I glared at him, used to being called my second name.

'Linton.' I said blankly.

'Ladies and gentlemen. Please take your seats and fasten your seat belts. Make sure any  luggage is under seats or in the compartments above your heads.'

I sucked in my breath when the intercom moved on to talk about the precaution of crashes.

'You ok there Drews?' Linton said mockingly 'You appear to have stopped breathing.'

'Shut up, Tom.'

He grinned at me and winked. I blushed and looked down.

The intercom finished and the plane slowly started to move and My breathing hitched again. I reached out and squeezed the arm rest hard. Next to me Tom grunted but I ignored him, focusing too hard on staring straight ahead.

'J-Jenn' Tom stuttered but I continued to  blank him out.

Then I felt the arm rest move. I looked down to see my hand squeezing Tom's leg. His upper leg. I grasped my hand to my chest in shock. Our eyes met. Tom was pale and his mouth was slightly open. He coughed awkwardly and turned away.

I blinked. I had forgotten we were flying.

***

I was in my last year of high school and had been offered a place on the annual trip to New York. I was so excited to spend some time with my friends over the summer before college. This might be the last chance to be with them because I was the only person in my school that I knew of that was planning on going to music college.

Suddenly the plane dipped below the clouds revealing the New York skyline and, for a moment, I was distracted from the hight.

'Woah...' Tom whispered next to me.

'I know right...'

Then I remembered my fear, turned away and came eye to eye with Tom, who was staring right at me, smirking. Like always.

A/N short chapter I know but it's literally 2:00 am so I need sleep. I hope you liked it :)