Chapter One - The Beginning

January 30, 1933

"My dear citizens of Germany, I am now officially the Chancellor of Germany!" he announced, the crowd going insane below him. People were chanting his name, they were clapping so loud it started ringing in Ludwig's ears. These people really did trust him, so why didn't he? Why did Ludwig find him so... revolting? Something was interestingly evil about him, something Ludwig could never put his finger on.

He had won over the people of Germany and managed to get the ranking of Chancellor. This man, Adolf Hitler, had complete control over the country thanks to his persuasive word choices and voice. Those qualities won the hearts of many people, more than you could count.

"Aren't you proud, Ludwig? Your people trust him, why don't you?" his dear friend, Feliciano Vargas, more widely known as Italy, inquired.

"Something seems wrong about him, don't you think?" Ludwig replied in his rough, heavy German accent. "Or are you falling for his potent voice and words?" 

"Maybe just trust him, have faith in him. That's what I do with all of my people," Feliciano responded.

"You don't have to deal with the difficult side of your country. That man, Luciano, does," Ludwig said, before exhaling sharply. Thinking about Luciano made you want to puke, he was disgusting.  

No matter what Feliciano says I will take down that man, no matter what. Ludwig thought, narrowing his eyes into tiny blue slits. 

"Now, come on, Ludwig, don't sulk all day. Let's go back to Italy and eat some gelato or pasta!" the Italian grinned, clapping his hands together in excitement. 

The German opened his mouth to respond, but he felt Italy tug on his hand, dragging him away. He honestly didn't know how they were going to get to Italy in the amount of time they had, but he trusted Feliciano. "Feli. How are we getting to Italy, it's night time, there is no way we are making it," Ludwig said, feeling slightly guilty for doubting Feliciano Vargas.

He sighed, laughing quietly. His unique curl bounced up and down as he continued to laugh. "It's called Italian restaurants in Germany!" he finally responded, still grinning at him. 

"Yes, but, if we go to Italy then we could get actually good Italian foods," Ludwig said, feeling slightly dumb. 

"You doubt your own country!? Ludwig, how dare you!" Feliciano resumed walking. "If you really are craving Italian then let's fly!" 

He sighed and looked back at his citizens are their new Chancellor. He had trust Adolf, right? He would follow Italy's advice and maybe that would lead their country to victory and glory. After all, Italy was a great country, rich in its goods and power. But everything did fall apart, but we will scratch that one out.

"Ahem, Ludwig Beilschmidt, please acknowledge me. I am happy to introduce myself as Adolf Hitler to you, the actual country of Germany," Adolf suddenly appeared behind Ludwig startling the country.

"Yes, what do you need?" Ludwig asked professionally, forgetting about Feliciano skipping away into the distance.

Adolf went silent, making Ludwig anxious. He prayed in his head that Adolf would continue speaking about becoming the new Chancellor of Germany. "I know you don't have faith in me. Why? Don't you want to make Germany great again?" Adolf said quietly, questioning his superior. 

Ludwig hesitated in answering, his optics darted away and he generated an answer. "Sometimes I don't believe in any of the Chancellors' can succeed in making the country great again. The country's fine and is perfect the way it is," Ludwig said, being straightforward.