First of all

Seven years ago:
"Can't catch meee!" Zoe giggled as Adrien chased her around the house. Their parents stood off to the side having a deep conversation.
"Sasha, do we really want to break them apart? They're only 7-"
"Gabe, I have no choice. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I have to take this chance." The man shook his head, looking at the children. Adrien and Zoe stopped playing and watched their parents.
"Addy?"
"Yeah, Zo?"
"My mommy wants to leave." Adrien sighed and looked down.
"I know." They stood in silence for a while, watching the adults argue when Adrien started smiling. Running over to his father, he whispered into his ear as they glanced at Zoe.
"Alright Adrien. Here you go, be very careful with these." He nodded vigorously as he skipped back over to Zoe.
"Zoe! Look what my father made for us!" He giggled, bringing out two necklaces.
"He made them, so no matter how far apart we are, we'd still have a piece of each other." Studying the molded shapes, Adrien settled on giving Zoe the green cat paw and keeping the wolf shape.
"Open it." He whispered, smiling in delight as Zoe saw the picture. It was them at her 4th birthday, the part where he had kissed her.
"This is proof that I will always be your kitten," he started,
"I will always be your puppy." She finished, wrapping her arms around his neck.
"I love it." She whispered.
"Zoe, we are leaving." Her mother called, starting towards the door. She turned back to Adrien and kissed him on the cheek.
"Bye Addy!" She smiled, tears running down her cheeks.
"I hope to see you again." And with that, she ran out the door, pausing only to look back at her best friend, knowing this would be the last time she saw him, for a long time.