Chapter 17

Third person's POV

"EVERYTHING IS YOUR FAULT!"

"I'm really sorry I had to keep it from—"

"NO, just shut up! I don't want to see your face!"

"No please, please hear me out! Yejun didn't—"

"I SAID SHUT UP! Don't you dare call her name after what you've done."

"YEJUN!" Yeri screamed as her body shot up from sleep.

The girl panted profusely as she let the beads of sweats on her forehead to roll down her face. She hugged her knees, nails digging into her skin as she hear herself cry silently.

It came again. The same old dream of the past. The bitter past. Of when she had to run away for doing nothing wrong.

Yeri carefully rolled up her sleeves and observed the mark which was still visible, left by him on her arm. She remembered how painful the open wound was when he swung the cracked bottle across her skin. It scared every inch of her soul every single day when he came barging into the house screaming 'murderer' and started going insane.

It scared her to even remember how abusive he got. She wasn't scared of him. She was scared of his constant remarks that pained her.

But she understood his situation. She understood why he became violent and turn into a real monster. She knows how hard it was for him even for mum. To have lost someone you dearly care for and loved beyond anything else in the world, must have been so painful.

But he was overeacting. It was as though she was the one to be blame for Yejun's death. As though she was the murderer. Did he think she didn't love Yejun? She loved her as much as everyone else did. Actually more than that. But what could she possibly do? Yejun begged her on her knees to keep it a secret. What was she supposed to do? He was just being unfair and unreasonable.

Yeri sighed and wiped the remaining tears in her eyes. It was still early in the morning at about eight thirty but she couldn't go back to sleep. She felt so relieved that it was finally a holiday week. She decided to head downstairs after remembering the guys' presence. They didn't catch on anything about me living in this house right? She hoped.

The house was peaceful as ever and her guesses were right. They were still sleeping. All of them except Jungkook were there in the living room.

Maybe he's still sleeping too. She thought.

Speaking of Jungkook, Yeri remembered having the weirdest dream last night before the nightmare. It suddenly gave her chills when she thought about it.

Yeri and Jungkook kissed.

She swore to herself that it felt so real, she could almost taste his lips.

Gross.

But she thought that it was fortunate that it was merely just a dream.

Or perhaps 'unfortunate' ?

Yeri got snapped out of her thoughts when she heard Jungkook's door unlocked. She lifted her head as she stood at the end of the stairs waiting for him to come down.