Summary

Set post-Hogwarts, three years after the end of the Second Wizarding War.

Draco had been working in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement for a year before Kingsley offered him a promotion. Head of the Investigation Department. Desperate to prove that he and his family had changed and eager to restore the Malfoy name, he accepted, and just a week later was spearheading his own private investigation.

But when the case takes a drastic turn and a string of seemingly unconnected witches and wizards start to go missing, he realises he can't solve it on his own. He needs a partner. One who knows the field well and has experienced combat first hand, who can have his back.

In comes Hermione. Two floors above, and with over a hundred offices separating them, she works in the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. Everything in her life was running smoothly until a week ago, when she was made a career-changing offer. Pius Thicknesse, the current Head of Magical Law, had given her a job proposal. Work for him and his team down in the Investigations department and finally see her experience and intelligence be put to good use on the field.

Wasn't she just complaining to her friends that her life lacked excitement? Isn't this the opportunity she's always wanted?

But is she really ready to get back out there and fight against evil, face to face?

Find out what happens when the two ex-classmates worlds collide. Will it be a replay of their years at Hogwarts or will they set their differences aside and work together?

A/N: So I've been working on a Dramione fan fiction in my spare time (when I'm not writing Differences of course) and I'm really interested to see if anyone would like me to go ahead and write it!

If yes, I would work between this story and my other Draco Malfoy story, however, this one would have much shorter chapters and therefore more regular updates. This is just a sort of tester to see if anyone would be interested, so please do let me know if you are!

Thanks for your everlasting patience and love <3

Ev xo