Little

(Matts pov)

I never though of Ivory to be so beautiful. I expected your average quirky girl, but no she's so much more. From the rippled imperfection in her blue eyes to her messy and knotted hair. I think I like her, but I don't really know what love is. I don't know if I ever will. I'm 14 and there's still so much to learn, cause when I was at that foster home.... All everything was was to work, get whipped and work some more. I never want to think or tell anyone about it but the counselors keep bringing it up. I want to forget about it. I want to focus on how to get out of this hell.

"There's no escape Matt. You are coming with me and you are not leaving this room until I say so" I hear the sudden crack of a whip only to realize it was me who was hit. I've gotten so used to the pain it doesn't hurt anymore. "Sir? May I u-" my sister is cut off by the booming of the mans voice "NO YOU ARE STAYING HERE UNTIL I SAY SO." followed by the a whip and some whimpers from my sister. I hate seeing her like this especially because she is younger than me.

I snap back into reality when I've realized that Ivory is waving her hands in front of my face. "There we go. Is everything okay?" She has the sweetest and cutest voice. "Uhh yea... Yea I'm okay. I- I'm so sorry for your loss Ivy." "Ivy?" She asks. "Not okay?" I ask and she replies with a subtle "love it." I think I've just figured out what liking someone is. It makes your heart feel all warm, and like you just want to kiss them. Hug them, and love their adorable little self.