•Chapter Sixteen•

Hey guys! HAPPY EASTER!! I haven't updated in like forever but oh well, no one really wanted me to anyway. But, I like writing this so I'll carry on;P I don't even know why it took me this long to write lmfao :3 Oh and if you see a spelling error feel free just point it out because I really don't want to be checking through this whole book again thanks XD Grammar Nazis unite!!

Welp, on with the story ;P

Deciding that I should go on the date with Papyrus, I backtracked back into the cozy Snowdin and saved. Papyrus stood outside of his house, waiting as if he already knew that I was coming. Either that or he had been stood there waiting the whole time. Anyway,
"SO YOU CAME BACK FOR THE DATE! YOU MUST BE REALLY SERIOUS ABOUT THIS..."
'Err..." I didn't know what to say to that.  The real reason that I was here was to make him happy
"ILL HAVE TO TAKE YOU SOME PLACE REALLY SPECIAL..."
"Aww"
"A PLACE I LIKE TO SPEND A LOT OF TIME!!!"
"Where is this?"
We walked to the left, almost all the way back to Grillby's, when he suddenly turned around and we walked back. To his house.
"MY HOUSE!!!"
He rushed inside, obviously excited while I, surprised even for Papyrus, just stood there chuckling for a minute before following him in.

Blue and purple waves patterned the carpeted floor with dark red walls. A large TV faced the lime green, very comfy looking sofa- the perfect size for two skele-brothers. I touched the couch or see if it really was that comfy but a strange jangling sound filled my ears; it was filled with coins and I got 20G. A chequered floor lay almost obscured in the wall, possibly leading to a different room.What's that for? Sans' pet rock lay on the table on a plate; apparently he always forgets to feed so, as usual, Papyrus has to take responsibility, he told me. The Rock was covered in sprinkles. A dirty sock lay benign on the floor with a tall stack of notes. They read:
SANS! PLEASE PICK UP YOUR SOCK!
ok...
DONT PUT IT BACK DOWN MOVE IT!
ok...
YOU MOVED IT TWO INCHES! MOVE IT TO YOUR ROOM!
ok...
AND DONT BRING IT BACK!
ok...
ITS STILL HERE!
didn't you just say not to bring it back to my room?
FORGET IT!

Upstairs was a huge picture of a bone framed in thick oak. Glancing both ways, I spotted two doors- one for Sans and one for Papyrus. Orange flames flickered, spilling out of what I assumed was Sans's bedroom ; the warmth tickling my feet started to hurt and I slowly backed away.

As I approached it, the chequered room revealed a squareish kitchen with a sink taller than Papyrus himself. There was also a small cooker, cupboard, fridge and food bowl but the sink was by far the most striking feature. The sound of footsteps approached behind me and,
"IMPRESSED? I INCREASED THE HEIGHT OF MY SINK. NOW I CAN FIT MORE BONES UNDER IT! TAKE A LOOKSY!!"
"That, is one impressive sink," I gasped looking at the awesome work of art. Papyrus opened the cupboard underneath it... Huh? There was a small, white, rather fluffy dog lying contently in the cupboard with a large bone in its mouth. One look at us, and its eyes bulged in surprise and sped away on its snowy white paws.

"CATCH THAT MEDDLING CANINE!" Papyrus squealed. "Aargh!" I shouted with the exertion as we both surged forwards to capture the pup who elusively dodged our grasping hands. My hands closed on nothing but air but Papyrus, almost catching the end of the tail, nearly fell flat on his face. Or skull. "CURSES!!!"

Wah-wah-wah-wah

A brass instrument emerged from the door as Sans blew the infamous tune.
"SANS! STOP PLAGUING MY LIFE WITH INCIDENTAL MUSIC!!!"

I continued to explore the house. Papyrus had a 'Food Museum' consisting of spaghetti in plastic containers in the fridge and when I peered into the trash can, casually, he told me to feel free to visit it anytime. How nice. A joke book lay on the table and I decided to take a look inside. Preparing myself for some extremely punny puns, a quantum physics text scalded my eyes. Too...many..words...too...much...information. Whoo! DONT I repeat DONT judge a book by its cover. Oh but wait! Inside the quantum physics book was another joke book! No! Another quantum physics book! Hyperventilating with the excitement and anticipation of the bookception, I decided to stop. Having explored as much as I could, or could be bothered, I returned to speak to Papyrus.

Before I could even open my mouth, Papyrus blurted, "WELCOME TO THE SCENIC MY HOUSE!" And then, "THATS MY ROOM!IF YOUVE FINISHED LOOKING AROUND... WE COULD GO IN AND... DO WHATEVER PEOPLE DO WHEN THEY DATE???"
My face blushed bright red at this... Damn brain! Back at it again with the dirty thoughts. Why Papyrus...Why? Anyway, I told him okay (ridding my brain of disgusting thoughts) and entered his room.

Vibrant shades of red met my eyes as a racing car bed stood to my left. Several action figures were standing on a table, seemingly mid fight, with miniature capes masks and swords embellishing their tiny bodies.
"Hey Papyrus, what are these?" I queried, peering into a random box full of bones,
"THOSE ARE ALL THE ATTACKS I USED ON YOU. GREAT MEMORIES HUH?"
"Oh," he didn't seem the slightest bit remorseful of our fight before. I guess he does that with all of his friends? Probably not. Papyrus scratched his head, confusion etched across his face. It seemed as though he was trying to figure something out.
"SEEMS LIKE IT WAS ONLY YESTERDAY... EVEN THOUGH IT BASICALLY JUST HAPPENED."

Papyrus told me that if he ever gets to the surface, he'd like to drive down a long highway, wind in his hair, sun on his skin, of course, that's just a dream. So, instead he cruises while he snoozes. I also learned that His action figures were from a chubby, smiling man who loves to surprise people- Santa. A book case rested against a wall, bearing titles such as Advanced Puzzle Construction and Peek-a-boo With Fluffy Bunny; a sharp contrast to the skull and crossbones flag next to it. Also next to the bookcase, a closet was beside a rather old looking computer.
"THERE ARE NO SKELETONS IN MY CLOSET!" Papyrus shouted as my hand neared the handle, "EXCEPT ME SOMETIMES."
Clothes were hung up neatly inside. No skeletons.

I was beginning  to really like Papyrus; he was that adorable little brother who just tickles you everyday. The fact that he thought that humans descended from skeletons, that he said things like 'neato' and 'wowie' just endeared him even more to my homesick heart. Not that I thought of him in that way, he was strictly my friend and this date was only to placate him, but he really did brighten my day and make me laugh. Sans and I had that in common, we both thought that Papyrus really was cool.

A shrill voice thrust me harshly back into reality, "SO...UM...IF YOUVE SEEN EVERYTHING, DO YOU WANT TO START THE DATE?"
"Y-yeah, sure, why not?" I didn't really want to do this. As much as I liked Papyrus, I didn't want him to get the wrong idea.
"OKAY!!! DATING START!!!"