Chapter 1-- Something for Someone

"Hello father," Jessica Vladessa says as she walks down the spiraling stairs of their home. The man who stands at the bottom, in the middle of the foyer, puts out his arms. His boney fingers reaching out for her, his thin lips cracked into a smirk of a smile. His stilted snake-like nose twitched, an Jessica smiles as she hugged him.

"Your day is almost here my Vlada" he said, she smiled at her father. He kept one arm around her, an led her to a sitting room. It was very large, and dark, with leather couches an seats and a big dark oak desk in front of a fireplace.

"Yes father, my time has almost come." She said, her voice sounded flat.

"You are not excited?"

"I am, just didn't sleep well." Vlada says, an with a quick spell she lights a fire in the stone fireplace.

"Thank you," her father says, " sit sit. We have much to discuss."

Vlada sits in the chair, across the desk from her father. She already knew what her father wanted to request, an for the moment she was willing to do so.

"I still need supplies dad." She says, smiling. "I will be going today." She leans back in her chair.

"You have enough for everything?"

"I believe so,"

"Alright, make sure you get everything. If you need extra money, call me." He says, looking up at her. Vlada smiles and nods.

A knock on the door interrupts us, and her father calls out.

"Yes?"

"Sir, may I enter?" She hears a voice calls out, she knows who it is.

"You may."

Lucius Malfoy enters quietly, "I apologize if I have interrupted anything."

"Well.." Vlada's father starts, but she cuts him off.

"It's no deal, Mr. Malfoy. What can I help you with?" Vlada smiles. Lucius smiles awkwardly back, an tries not to stutter.

"I was going to ask if you have gotten your supplies yet, I'll be taking Draco today... " Lucius says, trying to make eye contact with Vlada's father but couldn't do it.

"No I haven't, mind if I tag along?" Vlada smiles, Lucius smiles, and nods.

"It would be an honour, miss Jessica. " he says, bowing his head.

Jessica smiles an chuckles. "It's okay, you can just call me Vlada. Don't mind dad."

Her father huffs, an she looks at him. He crosses his arms.

"Well I need supplies dad."

"Yes yes." Her father says. "Lucius, bring Draco in here. We might as well discuss the Potter issue all together."

Lucius goes pale, and nods.

"Yes of course, Lord Voldemorte," he says an leaves.

--------

Vlada and Draco went with Lucius to buy their supplies. Considering who's daughter she was, she already had her wand and a bit of what she needed. But they went into the wand store anyway, as her wand was considerably plain. She loved her wand, but always admired the spirals and the silvers and the fancy additions that the other wands had. Draco and Vlada walked around the wand store, the owner feeling slightly skittish.

"No need to be afraid, sir. You know me." Vlada says sweetly, she smiles and the store owner returns it. Draco watched Jessica look at some wands, and he wondered at how she would lightly touch her own wand and sigh.

"I feel bad for her."Draco whispered to his father, Lucius looked down at him and nodded. "All she gets is dark, gloomy, and plain things; sometimes I wish she could have something..." Draco paused.

"Something nice?" Lucius asked quietly, he was smiling. Draco smiled back, not knowing what his father was actually hinting at. "Maybe someone should let her take a walk in a jewelry store or something." Lucius said, nudging his son. Draco smiled his own little smirk, and nodded.

"Vlada, come on. We have to keep going.." Draco said, wearily. Vlada turned to him, and smiled; and for some reason, Draco got butterflies.