Eighteen

i have loved you since we were eighteen

❖❖❖

Twenty minutes. Twenty minutes until the world went to hell, and Louis could finally get some fucking sleep.

With a rough sigh, he looked over at Harry, who was drifting off despite his indignant protests that he wasn't. Even Niall was run down.

Twenty minutes.

❖❖❖

"Alright lads, time to head out." The manager called; Louis hadn't deigned to learn his name. Liam clapped Louis' shoulder as he passed, Niall following behind as he tugged Harry along. Louis followed, exhaustion dragging his shoulders down. He could hear Zayn behind him, humming softly.

And yet, adrenaline was beginning to course through him; it was seconds before their world was going to hell, and all four- five; Zayn had come for the night- were walking onto the stage like it was a battle ground.

As always, they were greeted by thousands of fans screaming in pure joy upon their entrance; Zayn's surprise arrival was met with a deafening howl of shock. Louis couldn't help but smile; Louis had always gained confidence from the fans.

Taking his mic, Louis stepped forward, waiting until the crowd had calmed a little.

"I'm gonna ask you guys to be quiet for this first song, alright?" There was a cacophonous sound of agreement, and then the music started. With a deep breath, Louis stepped back, hiding amongst the backdrop.

The others stepped forward, slipping right into position. Harry, of course, was understandably confused, but Louis didn't fault him for that. He smiled when the younger joined in on the chorus, shooting the others looks, silently asking for an explanation, though not getting one.

They cycled through the song, and on the third verse Niall and Zayn guided Harry to a chair to the side and took his mic, telling him to wait.

Louis stepped forward, knuckles white with how hard he was gripping his microphone. His hand seemed to be burning a hole in his pocket, and sweat was beginning to form with the adrenaline and anxiety coursing through him, but his voice was steady as he sung.

"I have loved you since we were eighteen." He sung, first looking at the crowd.

"Long before we both thought the same thing; to be loved and to be in love. All I could do was say that these arms were made for holding you, whoa-oh." He turned to Harry.

"And I wanna love like you made me feel, when we were eighteen." The music stopped, and Louis dropped down on one knee, brought the box out of his pocket with a trembling hand, and looked his boyfriend in the eyes. He flicked open the box and presented it to him, hands trembling slightly, as screams began to erupt to their right.

"Harry Styles, will you marry me?"

❖❖❖

Happy birthday Cookie! Hopefully this is an adequate gift for you, my dear.

(I'd also like to mention I wrote this on the 26th of February, so I've been keeping this for a month.)

Of course this was the original fic that wasn't kept a secret so you guessed this like last week.