Chapter 18: New Relationships

I stopped. "Sam. Why do you say stuff like that? We've known eachother since JC and I first met. Like a long time ago. And you tell me all this stuff saying you love me, and you kiss me. You ask me on dates. I know you like me. So why aren't you asking me out? Because I'm not trying to be pushy but you can ask Acacia out in one day and we've been on like three dates...I don't understand." He sighed.

    "Drew, you know I love you. The truth is I have for a while. When you came out here the first time for like two weeks with JC, I saw you and I was like wow. But I knew you were with JC so I tried to not like you. But I just couldn't. And then when you and JC moved out to your house, I kind of just didn't think about it much. But when you came back that day in the hotel? I remembered the moment you walked in. And when you and Connor started to get together, I knew it was happening all over again. So I got angry because I never could get you. But then finally things changed. I've always liked you. I just finally realized it's love instead." He said with a smile.

    "The reason I haven't asked you to be my girlfriend yet is because I wanted to make sure that it would work this time. That I could make you happy. I didn't even know how you felt. But now I do. And I just have one more thing to say." I smiled, knowing what was coming next.

    "Drew, will you be my girlfriend?" I smiled so brightly that the whole world could see it from here. I had been waiting for this. I giggled. "Yes." He leaned up and kissed my forehead. "Okay, girlfriend." He said with a wink. "Now go get some rest. I know you're tired."

    I nodded. "Okay. Goodnight." He said goodnight in return and I walked out of the room. I walked over to my bed and lay down. Finally. Sam and I were together. This is what I had been waiting for.