Chapter 39: Buh-Bye.

Drew's P.O.V. 9 Days Later. (Listen with Audio)

I had been sitting in my room pretty much the past three days. I didn't know what I was going to do. Usually, Andrea was out at the house and Jenn was always filming with Awesomeness, for some reason. I couldn't get over it. I tried to go to the house, but the second I got there, I ran into my room and cried. It hurt so bad to see Sam . It hurt so bad. He hadn't texted or called. The other guys had all been there for me, bringing me movies or food that I always kindly refused, and even occasionally hanging with me. Especially Connor and JC. They had pretty much been there every day so far. They tried so hard not to bring up Sam...but the bad part was, I could tell.

Now, I didn't know what to do with myself. I honestly didn't think I had a reason to stay here. I should just go home.

I had been laying on my bed (for about the past 9 days) and made a plan to continue to do that until I could make a decision. I was a wreck. Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door, and was actually kind of glad to see JC and Connor walk right in. Although JC was injured.

"Hey, Drew!" They both said as they sat on my bed. "Hey, guys." I said. I probably sounded so dull, and I knew it, too. I felt bad because they were trying to make me feel so much better when really all I could do is feel so...so much worse. They showed me the movies that they brought and the Chinese takeout they had gotten from down the street.

"Want to watch one of the movies?" JC asked. I sighed. Today, I just wasn't in the mood for anything. I didn't want to watch a movie. I didn't want to eat Chinese takeout. I didn't want to sit in my room and cry...all the time. Because everyone knew that all I really wanted was for Sam to walk in and tell me it was a joke and that he still loves me. But we all knew that wasn't going to happen.

"Um, guys this is really sweet and all. But I just don't really want to watch a movie right now." I said, as sweetly as I could. I didn't want to sit here and cry. I actually wanted to be productive. But it felt like something was holding me back from doing anything at all. They sighed. Another failed attempt for them.

They shot each other a worried glance and Connor spoke. "Drew...we're worried about you. We've been coming since it happened and you won't even get up. Have you even moved from your bed in the past couple of days?" He asked. I nodded slightly. "A few times." He shook his head. "Drew, I'm saying this as your best friend. You need to stop feeling bad for yourself. Turn the bad into good." I gawked at him. "You think I'm trying to feel BAD for myself, Con? Are you kidding me? I want to get up and be happy more than anything! But it hurts. I can't bring myself to smile! I want to be around you guys and have fun in the O2L house. I want to be with Sam! But I can't! And I think I should just go back home. I knew I shouldn't have come here in the first place. I'm putting a burden on you guys that I don't know how to remove and it's better if I just take away your stress." I told them. JC stopped me.

"Drew, I know you can get up and be happy because I did it! When you rejected me, more than once I might add, I tried to put on a brave face because I didn't want you to be upset or feel bad! Because I love you! You don't have to think anything of that because I already know you don't. But I'm just saying. You will only be happy if Sam's happy, obviously. So get up and be yourself, not the person you're acting like right now." He said. I sighed. I looked in the mirror. I looked horrible. My hair was in a messy bun and my face was so blotchy and red from crying. It was true, though. I knew that. I did want Sam to be happy. And to make myself happy, I had to make him happy first.

I turned on the bed after finally sitting up. "Hey, Con?" I said. He nodded his head to signal me to keep going. "How's he doing?" I asked, finally louder than my voice had been this whole week. "Do you really want to know?" I nodded. "He's doing the exact same thing you're doing. Sitting in his room, sometimes crying, getting angry, being rude and short with people. He's kind of a mess." I shook my head. "Then why did he do this? I just don't get it. If it hurts him so bad, then why is he acting so upset?" I didn't get it at all.