Chapter 8

** Picture: Stacy (to the left) and her 2 friends 

I wake up to the relaxing sound of birds chirping. I open my eyes and all of the events of how I got into this room come swarming back. I shut my eyes and cover my face with my hands trying to hide my embarrassment. Oh God, I bet he thinks I am weak crybaby. Not only that, but I'm sure he's going to have a blast making fun of me the next time he sees me. I shake my head in utter frustration. Why do I even care what that egotistical clown thinks of me?

"Are you having some sort of mental crisis?" I turn my head and see Blaze sitting on the same armchair from last night. I must look like a complete mess, I can't have him seeing me like this. I shake my head again constantly reminding myself that I don't care what he has to say about me.

"Did you spend the night here?" I ask, my voice still a little hoarse. Okay, maybe that was a stupid question, but it's the only thing I could come up with. And give me a break, I still haven't had my coffee, so anything I say or do can't be held against me.

"Nope, I left after you fell asleep, and then came back just to hear you snore." He says, while getting up from that trusty armchair. Of course he just had to mock me first thing in the morning. I mean, I can't exactly blame him, the douche-ness runs in his blood.

I roll my eyes at him and scoff, "I beg your pardon, but I don't snore."

I roll myself out of bed but stay seated. I can finally get a proper view of him now that we are not in a madman's castle or in a dark, smelly alley. He's wearing an old pair of jeans that are ripped from the left knee and a black hoodie. On anyone else, such an outfit would have looked absolutely ridiculous, but of course Blaze could wear a monkey suit and still manage to look like a male model.

He smirks and heads towards the door, "Um actually, yes you do. And I can definitely tell you that it's not music to my ears," he opens the door then turns around and says, "get dressed, and for the love of God, take a shower. I will come back and get you in twenty minutes. There are fresh clothes for you in the washroom where you will also find a toothbrush and some toothpaste. Hurry up and don't be late." He finally walks out of the room and closes the door behind him.

"Hurry up and don't be late." I say imitating his rough voice.

"I heard that," he shouts from outside the door. Shit!

"You were meant to." I shout back. I can't help myself but laugh.

I jump out bed and search my surroundings. All things considered, this place actually looks cozy. A small dressing table sits in the corner of the room with a beautiful round mirror hanging on top of it. The floor is made of hardwood with a grey rug laying next to the bed. I walk towards the washroom, and as Blaze had promised, a fresh pair of clothes sit there waiting for me. I take a quick shower and I instantly feel better and more awake. I wear my new clothing, which oddly fit perfectly, and look at my watch. Five more minutes. I walk to the dressing table and find a hair brush which I use on my wet, tangled hair. I take a final look at my reflection and notice circles under my eyes. I wish I had my makeup kit, I could have made those circles magically disappear. I sigh, then leave the room.

I wait for Blaze in the hallway for a minute or so, when I finally see him coming around the corner, my face instantly flushes. He has also taken a shower and threw on a new pair of jeans that are not ripped and a tight white shirt. Does he even know how ridiculously good he looks in that shirt?

"Are you okay? Your face is turning red." He says, with one eyebrow up.

What I wouldn't give to find a hole and bury myself in it right about now.