Chapter 46 - 18th birthday P1

Caleb's POV:

I pushed her off of me and climbed on her, kissing her passionately. She let out a giggle, "later." So I got off her and stood up. "Your clothes are on the bathroom counter," she sighed, looking away. I knew something was wrong. "What's wrong?" I held her hand, feeling tears fall on my wrist. "Do you- you love me?" She said, her voice cracking. "Yes," I said immediately, holding her hand tightly. I stood there as she looked out the window. "Why would you think that?" I asked. "After everything... I did to you- I don't deserve you. You hit me... And that's because I betrayed you!" She said, in a soft tone. "You didn't do anything, and I was angry... I don't know what got into me- I didn't mean it baby..." I didn't know what else to say. I truly do regret it... I never saw myself doing that. Ever. I wrapped my arm around her and reeled her into a hug. A tight one. "It's just that I'm scared," she held onto me, "that one day you'll go. That you'll leave me..." "Never! I love you so so so much! My childhood crush, the mother of my two children, my best friend, the love of my life," I reassured her. She looked up at me, her eyes red, cheeks red and biting her lower lip. "Okay."

Your POV;

I tried to keep myself together, but I felt that it wasn't working. He walked into the bathroom so I just went along with the rest of the family in the living room. I sat by the table, waiting for Caleb. Hayley was rocking Jules, and Katie was holding Alex. Its like they were attached to them. In a good way. "There's the birthday boy!" I clapped as Caleb joined. "I'm a man now, thank you very much," he flipped his hair. "Oh, sassy!" I laughed and he kissed my forehead. "What are we waiting for? Let's go!" Hayley jumped. "Be careful!" Caleb held Jules head up. "Oh, yeah," Hayley looked down at her feet. "Its okay sweetie," I twirled her hair with my fingers and she gave me a cute smile. We walked out and began to do the everyday thing that started days ago. Buckling the kids in the car seat, making sure we have their blankets, diapers, wipes, extra clothes. Its a mess, but a mess that's worth more than the world. "Everything's ready," I said, getting in the front seat. "Phew," Katie said, buckling herself besides Hayley. As we drove off, we all sang Happy birthday- about 100 times to the point where Caleb's eye twitched at the beginning.
We all walked in, taking a seat by each other. "Where's Billy?" I asked, browsing through the menu. "Oh you know, the usual," I could hear Katie sigh, "work." Caleb rolled his eyes, "come on! Let's all be happy! Its my birthday!" His voice cracked. "18 and your voice still cracks," Hayley giggled. "Hey! Shut up!" Caleb pouted. "Its a little funny," I admitted. "Whatever!" He crossed his arms. We ordered, nothing new. Pancakes. Except me and Caleb always order the ones with bananas and strawberries. The babies were still asleep beside us. Like always. Thank God, except their favorite time to be up is at 3am.
I twirled the ice in my cup of water, waiting for the food to arrive. "I'm starving," Katie furrowed her eyebrows. "Same here," Hayley squeezed her eyes. "Here you go," the waitress finally came, with a black tray holding up 4 plates. "Wait a minute! Where's Annie?!" Hayley picked up her fork. I could see Caleb look down, Annie's been missing most of his birthdays to something she always does. Gymnastics. "Gymnastics," I said softly.
"And daddy's at home, getting things ready," Katie smiled. She held up the camera, and I, of course, had my mouth stuffed. "My baby boy is a big boy now," she said sadly, "but look at the families newest members! Aren't they cute!" She quickly giggled. "They look like Caleb!" Hayley pointed out. "Handsome," Caleb pinched his cheeks.