Chapter 1

~Hijikata's pov~

"Kondou-san she should be here by now." I said impatiently. He took a deep breath. "I know Toshi... Just give her a moment, maybe she got lost." He said. Yea. Lost. "You do realize I'm under a tight schedule? I can't sit here and wait for her all day." I said. "I could." Souji offered with a wolfish grin. "I hardly think that's a good idea." I muttered. "I'm so sorry I'm late!" The voice made all of us turn. In the doorway stood a young girl panting heavily and trying to fix up herself. That wouldn't do much. "Not only are you late but you look like a disaster." I frowned. "I'm so sorry. Please forgive me. I got the wrong address." She said. "Souji didn't you give her the-" Before I could get the words out he started laughing. I sighed. "I see. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. We really must get to work now." I glanced at my watch with a frown. This will most likely get me yelled at. "Uhm, before that... Thank you so much for letting my work here with you guys. It's an honor." She said bowing. 

I nodded. "Follow me." I said walking out of the room. I heard her scramble to keep up and my lips pulled up slightly. Having her here could be for better or worse. He had yet to find out. "Uhm, I don't think I got your name." She said. "Hijikata Toshizo." I said curtly. She nodded. I side glanced at her curiously. She was glaring at the ground with such intensity. Definitely on edge. We got to the elevator and I hit the floor that went to the studio. "So what did the floor do to you?" I asked. Her head snapped in my direction and she fumbled around. "Don't be nervous. We don't bite." The door slid open. "Speak for yourself Hijikata-san nobody told me the new girl was so cute." Harada said. She looked even more uneasy. "Sano give her room to breath. Why don't you show her her dressing room? I have to deal with the psycho real quick." I said. Chizuru looked at me with a frightened face. "Don't worry." I reassured. Reluctantly she went with him and kept looking back at me. "Finally. You're late." The photographer Hitomi said flatly. "I'm aware." I stated. She was nowhere near pleased with my response. "You can't just come and go as you please." She growled. "What is this really about?" I questioned. Her eyes widened. "What do you mean?" She asked. "You're no longer the only girl here." I said. Her eyes narrowed. "When are you going to get over the fact I don't want a relationship with you?" She looked taken aback.

~Chizuru's pov~

She put on what was laid out for her thinking about Hijikata. She wasn't sure how she felt about him other than the fact he was gorgeous... and scary. I stepped out to be dragged over to the hair and makeup station. I could hear yelling and looked over at Harada. "What's going on?" I asked. "Eh... Just the usual. Hijikata and Hitomi really don't get along." He said. "Why?" I asked. "Now if he told you that we'd have to kill you." Souji said. "I see." after my hair and makeup was complete Harada took me over to the fuming two. "Hijikata-san she's ready." Harada announced. He looked over at me. "Much better. Hitomi will take you to the photo shoot area." He said. My eyes widened. "Aren't you coming with?" I asked in panic. "Unfortunately no. I have to go up and meet with Kondou-san. The others will make sure you're taken care of." He said. I couldn't help but feel disappointed. "Oh alright." I said. "I'll come by later and see how it went. Work hard." He said. I nodded. I would. The photo shoot felt like forever. Hold this pose. hold that pose. Look here not there. This was something she honestly did't think could be this difficult. "You did really great." Harada said. I smiled. "I did?" I asked. He nodded. "Come check it out." He said. I looked at the screen and I couldn't even believe that was me in them. 

"How'd it go?" I turned at the sound of Hijikata's voice. "Great, come take a look." Harada beamed. Hijikata moved in beside me. "Not bad. Nice work Chizuru." He said taking a step back. She caught a whiff of cologne. "So we can go home now right?" A guy about her age asked. Hijikata nodded. "That's a wrap." He said. "I'll see you all tomorrow. Chizuru, a word please?" He asked. I nodded. Once everyone left he crossed his arms. "I wanted to apologize for earlier." He said. "Apologize?" I asked. "Mine and Hitomi's arguing. I'm sorry you had to hear it." He said. "Oh. No it's alright." I said awkwardly. His lips pulled up the slightest. "It seems she's quite jealous of you." He said. "Jealous?" Why on earth would she be jealous of me? She was so much prettier.