Me marry Him?!...yeah right

[A/N Hey guys, this is my first story on here and since everyone's with the whole arranged marriage thing right now i thought Hey I should write one. Anyways, i hope i don't suck as much as i think i do. Oh and i will know if you've read this or not and i will also know if you don't leave a comment or vote. o_0. Enjoy...oh and please please please comment and vote.]

"YOU CAN'T MAKE ME DO THIS!!!" I flew out the front door and ran down the street.

Through the tears and wisps of black hair in my face, I saw my mom standing in the doorway and screaming "GET BACK IN THIS HOUSE THIS INSTANT AISLINN!".

I ignored her and continued on down the street. My legs burned and protested but i pushed myself forward until I reached my best friend Charlotte's house.

I furiously rang the doorbell over and over again until i heard her shouting at me.

"I'm coming god damn it, what the fu-". She wrenched the door open and stopped and grinned "hey Linn".

Her smile vanished as quickly as it was on her face.

Charlotte pulled me inside and up to her room. Her little brother Peter started bothering us on the way up and she pushed past him into the room and locked the door. I sat on the bed and pulled my knees up to my chest.

"OK, like i was saying...What the fuck?"

I rubbed my eyes, not caring whether my makeup messed up, because frankly i already looked like crap. "I'm in an arranged marriage".

The room was silent. Charlotte uncrossed her arms and just stared at me for a minute. All we could hear was the muffled music coming from the room next door and random conversations from the t.v. downstairs.

Suddenly, she unfroze and started laughing "you're shitting me right? this is another one of those jokes we play on each other".

I sniffled and looked down. I wish this was one of those times. I looked up at her with a blank gaze "do I look like I'm joking Char?".

Her laugh died down and she sat down next to me "Linn...what happened?".

I took a deep breath and explained everything to her.

When my mom was pregnant with me, my dad got us into a shitload of debt. About $75,000. I had no idea what he did with all that money. Anyways, when the people he borrowed money from asked him to pay them back, he couldn't because of the tight situation we were in. The hospital bills had to be paid as well as food and rent. So, they made a deal. I was supposed to marry their son in turn of my parents paying them off.

When i finished, i breathed in a shaky breath and wiped my eyes again. "I'm only 17 Char, how am i supposed to marry this dude?"

She was staring at me in shock and awe. "..I don't know what to say".

I groaned and paced around the room as she babbled on.

"Are you sure your parents were allowed to do that? i mean isn't that illegal or something??"

I stopped pacing and bit my lip "I'm not sure actually...I'd have to look at the contract..".

Charlotte looked stumped "there's a freaking contract!?".

i nodded and tugged at my hair "yeah, i know...they're supposed to bring it with them".

Charlotte stood up and looked like she was going to cry "you have to leave with them don't you".

I nodded slowly and then engulfed her in a hug.

Man my life was suckish...