The Forsaken

CHAPTER ONE

The sky was blurry, greying around the edges and wet...very damp and wet. From the large drops of water that fell from the darkening sky onto the dark runway below where various people in bright orange and yellow mixed vests ran around hurrying luggage onto the plane.

I couldnt tear my gaze away from the blurry sky that spit out large drops of ran onto the world outside.

"You know it wont be for long." my mother familiar voice assured from behind me.

I had heard these words repetitively for the past two weeks when i had been told i was being sent to live with my aunt and my cousin in Old Harbour, Alaska.

I was not scared, nor was i upset or angry. I was fairly content when i found out. I mean my parents owned a law firm and they themselves were extremely well known and wealthy lawyers that traveled across the world for crimes. I had always tagged along over the years being there first and only child. But i was seventeen, and i had grown up not knowing anyone or getting to settle down. I had no friends, i had no social life, i had nothing but the extravagant clothes my mother bought me, the bank card in my wallet loaded with money and my most updated electronic devices. I was spoiled, but not because i asked to but because it was obvious in both my parents eyes that they felt like they had failed with me.

The truth was, they had never wanted children. I was just the random miracle that happened. I was a burden in a sense though, always tagging along on there trips and being sent off to venture the most amazing places of the world with a nanny while my parents battled murder cases in court. I had been blessed to be so wealthy and travel, but in a sense i never got to live a normal teenagers life. I had never expericned average teenage things.

I sighed and turned to face my mother.

I was a replica of my mother really. My mothers pale creamy skin tone, her long dark brown hair with a light red tint in the sun and large plump red lips. Unlike my mother though i had my fathers ochor coloured eyes that melted into a gentle brown while my mother had piercing blue eyes.

"Mom....i said already that it doesnt bother me, you and dad just do what needs to be done." i explained like i had every other time. She nodded, biting her lip but i could tell she still would worry over me even after all my reassurances.

I glanced up at the flights displayed on the lit board and noticed that my flight to old Harbour would indeed be leaving soon.

"I should board now." i murmured as i glanced back at my mother from the board. Her eyes flickered up to where my had been and then nodded her head furtively as she hurriedly walked to me and wrapped me in a warm hug.

I couldnt help but whimper a little. I loved my parents more than imaginable, and to imagine myself without them for the next months felt harder than i thought it would be.

"You know we'll call you all the time." my mother whispered in my ear. I nodded into her and she sniffled gently, which gave me the clue that she was crying.

Before i could pull away and tell my mother i loved her my father came up and engulfed us all in one of his bone crushing hugs.

I chuckled slightly and i heard my mother giggle, relieving me of the stress of my mother crying.

"PEARL HARBOUR BOARDING!" screeched a loud telecom.

My mother glanced down at me as we pulled out of the hug and i could see the fright and worry in her eyes. I couldnt help but think of how young she must see me. I was seventeen, yes i had not experienced the teenage world, but i had experienced every aspect of other places of the world, the most dangerous cliffs on mountains to coral reefs in Hawaii. I could take on a simple life in a small town.