Soporific Murderers in Renlim County (Part Two)

Introduction

“Soporific Murderers in Renlim County” is part two and picks up where “Serial Killer in Renlim County” ends. I hope you enjoy reading “Soporific Murderers in Renlim County”.

In this book, Detective Conrad Taylor has recovered from his injury. Now, he has to track down other individuals involved with the past and current murders in Renlim County.

Chapter 1

Marilyn is eating with her husband Matthew, who is wearing black frame glasses and his pipe hanging from the side of his mouth. She begins reminiscing about the first day she fell in love with Matthew.

Marilyn and Matthew never had children, because they both agreed they did not want any. Matthew was much more adamant about not having children than Marilyn, but because she loves him, she stood by his wishes. Matthew felt he would never subject a child to this cruel world and the people who lived in it.

“Honey, can you take your nose out of the newspaper for one minute? Do you ever think about the first time you fell in love?” Marilyn asked

Matthew glides the newspaper just below his eyes and looks up at his wife through the space between his glasses.

“I haven’t thought about it in a long time, you may even say years. Yeah it has been years,” he said in a playful tone.

“Oh, you think it’s funny?” as she joins in laughing.

“Marilyn, you know I love you, we have been through too much for me not to still love you and want you. You know my darkest secrets,” he said with a sinister look.

“So you say,” Marilyn said, with an unconvinced look.

“Pass me the front page of the paper, please. I don’t understand why you never read the headlines first anyway,” Marilyn asked.

“I don’t read it first because there is always depressing news in the headlines, plus I prefer the sport’s page.”

Marilyn reaches for the newspaper and the headline catches her attention.

“Well there is no depressing news today, the headlines reads, ‘Serial Killer in Renlim County is Apprehended’ don’t you think this is good news?”

“It’s about time the police captured the killer. Who is the killer? Is he from Renlim?”

“Can I read the article first?”

“Of course dear, I keep forgetting you are a slow reader,” Matthew joked.

“Yes, I am. The headline picture shows a Detective Conrad Taylor, Detective Cora Baldwin, and a guy name Cory Smith.”

“Cora, I knew a Cora many years ago, but she is deceased,” he smirked.

“Why are you snickering about a person who is deceased? Was she an old girl…………?”

Matthew cuts her off before she could finish her sentence.

“No, she was not one of them. However, she was the first one. Don’t you remember; you introduced her to me? You told me you thought something was going on in the home because her behavior at school had drastically changed and her parents would not speak to you regarding her behavior.”