Too Much.

All at once a million thoughts flooded my head. What if I was pregnant? What would everyone think? What am I gonna tell mom? Will I lose my friends? My mind was a wreck. I couldn't stop the thoughts I was having. 

      All of the sudden I came crashing back to reality. I was still in Brandon's bedroom. Brandon. The name sent chills throughout my body.  He raped me.  I couldn't handle it.

       I ran out of his house, tears streaming down my face.  I have no idea where I'm going. I'm just running, running away from everything. It was too much.  My feet carry me home, my mom frantically running around the house calling my name. "Mom! It's okay, I'm here!" I say with tears streaming down my face. My mom focuses her attention on me, instantly looking angry. "Hazel! Where were you! You had me worried sick!" I needed to explain to her what happened. "Mom. I need to talk to you. It's serious." Before she can say anything I'm pulling her inside.

     We're sitting on the couch now, my mom searching my face with a worried look on her own. "This is really bad mom." I say before I start to explain what Brandon did to me. Before I can begin she says, "It can't be that bad. You held hands with a boy? You snuck out? Come on. You're Hazel Remmington. You're a good girl. It's not as bad as you think." 

     "Mom," I say "I got thirsty at the party. I thought it was punch, but it wasn't. I drank so much of it, I got drunk. I went upstairs to find a bathroom and accidentally walked into Brandon's. The next thing I remember is him taking off all my clothes, and all of his." I say, bawling. "I tried to run from him but he held me down. He covered my mouth so I couldn't scream. He raped me mom." 

     I search my mom's face, trying to see how she feels. Her face is blank, as if she doesn't know what to feel. I instantly say "I understand if you're mad at me." She snaps out of it and starts bawling her eyes out. "Oh honey. How could I be mad at you. It's not your fault. His parents will be hearing from me. So will the court." 

     All of a sudden, I didn't know what to feel anymore. I felt anger, sadness, and so many other emotions at once. I just wanted to lock myself away and hide from everything. I just wanted to leave.