Chapter 3

"Where are you going?"

I spun around to find Shannon standing in the doorway of my bathroom. I was wrapped up in a towel with my freshly washed hair dripping down my back, hunched over several articles of clothing that were strewn across my bed. "Out," I said as innocently as possible. She cocked her head to the side out of curiosity, and I was praying she wouldn't ask with who.

"Text me later," was all she said before aimlessly turning around and walking out the door. I let out a sigh of relief as I desperately scanned all the outfit options that I had laid out on my bed. I'm not sure why I was putting so much thought into this.. Why was I trying to impress this guy I didn't know? I finally decided on a simple, casual black sundress and some strappy black sandals. I let my naturally wavy hair air dry and applied a thin line of eyeliner, some mascara, and a little bit of blush. I checked the time; 6:42. I had so many questions still left unanswered, and I had no idea what was in store for me tonight.

Part of me hoped that he had forgotten about my agreement to letting him take me out, and part of me was hoping he'd show up so I could get the night over with already. Then an even smaller part of me was slightly excited for what was to come. My endless train of thought was, however, soon interrupted by a series of redundant knocks on the front door. I immediately stood up, but hesitated for a moment with my hand hovering above the door knob. I inhaled sharply and turned the handle so that I could now be face to face with Drew, who, by the looks of things, cleaned up nicely. As soon as our eyes met a smile spread across his slightly parted lips. A smile that made my stomach turn. "You look perfect," he said, still smiling. I could feel my cheeks turn red as I looked down at my feet. He was just wearing a t shirt and jeans, but he looked so good.

"Let's go," I said, stepping outside and shutting the door behind me.

Once again he opened up the car door before me, helping me climb into the passenger seat. However rough and controlling he acted, he was still a gentleman. "Where is it exactly that we're going?" Drew momentarily took his eyes off the road to glance at me as I broke the silence.

"You don't need to know everything," he replied sarcastically.

About fifteen minutes later we pulled up to an average sized, cute little house that resided alongside the beach. I was confused. When he had begged me to let him take me "out", I had assumed we'd be going to a restaurant or a movie or something, not his house. He led me up to the front door before pulling it open and holding it as I walked in. The place was nicely furnished and surprisingly clean for a guy living in an apartment by himself. It was small, but adequate for someone like him.

He gave me a quick tour of two bedroom, two bathroom place before leading me to the kitchen. "Sit," he said, pulling out a chair from the mahogany dining table. I sat uncomfortably, wondering what he had planned for the evening. I wasn't a huge fan of surprises. I watched him as he reached up into a cabinet and pulled out a wine glass, placing it on the table in front of me. He then opened up the fridge, pulling out a bottle of red wine and cracking it open. "You like red?" Drew asked. I nodded as I watched him pour me a glass. He flashed me a cheeky grin before placing the bottle back in it's place as he continued to rummage through the refrigerator.

"What are you doing?" I piped up, taking a sip from my glass.

He appeared from behind the refrigerator door with a handful of miscellaneous food items, kicking it shut behind him as he displayed everything on the counter top.

"Making you something. You aren't a vegetarian are you?" Drew questioned.

"Hell no," I answered. I watched intently as he began throwing things together in a pan on the stove. It was impressive, and something about the way he knew what he was doing turned me on. I finished the glass of wine and stood up from the table, slowly walking toward the stove to get a better look at what he was doing.

"What are you making?" I asked, creeping up behind him and peering over his shoulder.

"You'll see," he replied, not moving from his position.

I traced my fingers along his back, feeling the outline of his muscles through his worn out t shirt. I snaked my arms around his waist from behind and leaned my head against the crook of his neck. I don't know what it was, but I suddenly wanted him. Bad.

"You're distracting me, you know," he said, laying down the wooden spoon in his hand and turning to face me. He smiled down at me before planting a soft kiss on my temple. "I like this. But go sit down, let me cook for you," Drew said. I stuck out my bottom lip and let go of him, returning to my seat at the table.

"Good girl," he taunted. I gave him a dirty look, but he only chuckled.

He turned the stove off, scraping whatever was in the pot evenly onto two plates. He grabbed a seran wrapped bowl from the fridge, and spooned some salad onto each plate. Before sitting down at the table next to me, he grabbed the wine and a cracked open a beer for himself.

"What is it?" I asked. It not only looked but smelled delicious, and I was absolutely starving.

"Just try it," he demanded. I did as I was told, and he smiled when he saw the look of satisfaction on my face. We continued to chat over dinner, and by the time we were done I had finished another glass of wine.

While he was cleaning up the kitchen, I wandered around the house, eventually making my way into his bedroom. I sat on the edge of his bed, taking in my surroundings. Like the rest of the house, it was surprisingly clean and organized. When he had finished washing the dishes he found me, standing in the doorway of his room with his arms folded. I smiled when I saw him, and then noticed a guitar propped up in the corner of his room.

"You play?" I asked.

"A little," he said, modestly shrugging his shoulders.

"Play for me," I requested.

He hesitated at first, but reluctantly picked up the acoustic guitar and sat down on the bed next to me. I pulled my legs up into my chest, curiously watching him as he began to playfully pluck at the strings. He strummed a few chords, and after a minute or two he opened his mouth and began to sing.

"It goes once, twice, third times a charm I'm needing you in my arms..."

He continued playing, and as he sang I felt myself inch closer and closer. His voice was so raspy and enticing, and the lyrics he sang were so sweet. With every note I could feel the emotion pouring out of him.. I had no idea he was so talented, and I don't think he did either.

After he sang the last verse, he glanced up at me to find my reaction. I didn't know what to say. Drew had literally just unexpectedly blown me away. "You're amazing," I blurted out. My face immediately turned red and I broke eye contact. He set the guitar on the floor before scooting closer to me on the bed and placing his hand at the nape of my neck, pulling me in for a sweet, lingering kiss that left me speechless once again. When our lips broke apart, our faces remained centimeters away. "You're amazing," he whispered. I inched closer so that our lips would meet again, this time with more pressure. But before I could deepen the kiss even more he pulled away.

"I wanna know you," he said, removing his hand from my face. I tilted my head, looking at him for a better explanation. He took a deep breath before speaking again.

"You're incredibly sexy, and everything you do is cute," he spoke. "But I wanna know who you are."

I guess it made sense. We had only met a day ago, I really hadn't known or tried to learn anything about him up until this point. So I nodded in agreement as he shifted his position so that he was now laying on his side with his head propped up on his elbow, looking at me intently.

"Talk to me."

So I did.