No Other Way

Derek woke with a start to Stiles' loud voice. "Yes! Who's the master of research? This guy!" Stiles exclaimed jerking his thumbs toward himself. "Oh sorry Der." He said when he realized he had woken the wolf. "Did you find something?" Derek asked keenly, his annoyance at the rude awakening gone. "Yeah I found exactly how to turn you back." Stiles said leaning in for a high five. Derek rolled his eyes but slapped at Stiles' giant hand. "I'll call Deaton and see if he has the ingredients." Stiles said rolling off the bed and grabbing his cell. "Hey deaton it's Stiles. Yeah I found a way to change Derek back. I know great right?" Derek listened to the one sided conversation as he got dressed. "Yeah I can bring it down." Derek glanced up just as Stiles plucked him off the bed and slipped him into his shirt pocket. Then grabbing the book off his bed Stiles made a beeline for his jeep. He happily drummed on the wheel to the beat of whatever came on the radio all the way to the clinic. Once inside he opened Spellbound to the correct page and set it on the table in front of Deaton with a triumphant look. Derek righted himself from where he had fallen within the pocket as Stiles had jogged inside. He watched as Deaton scanned the page intently. "I have everything here except one thing." he said. Stiles didn't like the look on Deaton's face. "Which is? he asked. "The blood of the spell caster." he replied leaning back in his chair. Both Stiles' and Derek's faces dropped. Stiles groaned and slumped against the table. "Seriously?" he asked. Deaton nodded. "Great I found nothing." Stiles said slumping into a chair. "Not necessarily." Deaton said gazing at the two. "All I need is a drop so if you and the pack can find her and manage to harm her even slightly I could do the spell." he finished closing the book in front of him. Stiles' gaze slid to Derek, with what happened to him Stiles doubted he'd want the pack going near her again. He was right of course Derek's ears were flattened to his head and his tail twitched irritably. "Its not happening." Derek said. "But-" "No!" Derek shouted and man for being so small did he ever still have an alpha's voice. "Its too dangerous so forget it." Derek said with finality before glaring up at Stiles. "Lets go home we can find something else." he said. "What if there is nothing else?" Stiles questioned standing despite himself. "Then I'm stuck like this cause there's no way in hell I'm letting my pack near that witch bitch again." Derek said lowering himself into Stiles' pocket as he began to head for the jeep. Stiles and Deaton shared a look as Stiles passed through the door on the way out, and they were both clearly thinking the same thing. There is no other way. Derek was quiet the entire way home and when Stiles set him on his bed Derek promptly climbed into his own and shut his eyes. Stiles suspected Derek was thinking the same thing he and Deaton had. There is no other way. Stiles lay down with a sigh, those five words circling their way around his brain. There is no other way. There is no other way. There is no other way! Stiles sat up utterly frustrated and glanced towards Derek who was asleep. Watching his tiny chest rise and fall Stiles knew he couldn't let Derek stay like that and a plan began to form in his mind. Silently Stiles crept out of his room and eased the door shut. He headed downstairs and pulled up a loose floorboard beside the couch. There he pushed aside the scent blockers and pulled out his emergency kit for if they needed to abduct/subdue a creature appearing human. He pulled out four tabs of Rohyonol and stuffed everything else back in the secret compartment. Once he was sure the board had clicked back into place he went into the kitchen. There he dropped one rohypnol tablet on the counter and crushed it finely. He then swept half the dust into a soda lid and poured sprite over it. He shoved the other three into his back pocket and took the soda lid and a bag of chips upstairs. He let the door close loudly thus waking Derek. The later flipped over and raised an eyebrow at Stiles. "Just grabbing a snack." Stiles said waving the bag of chips at Derek. He set down the cap beside Derek knowing the drug was scentless and Derek wouldn't be able to sense it. Stiles then handed him one of the sweet chili heat chips he had and flopped onto his bed. Stiles opened his laptop and claimed he was going to do more research. Derek nodded and bit into his chip. Stiles watched out of the corner of his eye as Derek downed the soda cap. He knew Derek had never been terribly fond of spicy things and the chili powder would overpower his tiny taste buds. Stiles watched as Derek dipped forward and he caught him just before Derek went over the edge of the nightstand. Stiles opened the drawer and lowered the slumbering wolf into it. He then closed it and tied the handle to his bed frame to prevent it from opening. "I'm sorry Der, but this has to be done." Stiles grabbed his fighting kit from his closet and dashed downstairs. There he quickly broke down the other three tablets with a small amount of water and loaded it into three darts. Stiles tucked the dart gun into his waistband and grabbed the keys off the table before taking off in his jeep. Glancing at himself in the mirror he thought those five words there is no other way.