The Awakening

And so here's the next chapter. Please PLEASE don't forget to vote, comment or fan. It means a lot to know that people are reading my story. =)

Well, Enjoy! Happy reading

_________________________________________________________________________-_-JORDAN’S P.O.V

I looked at the brunette, what was her name…? Trisha... She was neither too short nor too tall, and her dark brown eyes were a wonderful contrast to her light, porcelain skin. She was pretty and had even rebuffed my advances, which was refreshing as well as annoying.

But that wasn’t what was bothering me. There was something about her, she reminded me of someone but I just couldn’t put my finger on whom. 

“Why am I even wasting my time here?” I thought to myself and then remembered.  I had seen Faust and I didn’t want him to see me so I had slipped into the very first restaurant I came across.

It was a bit of a shock; Faust was never out on errands because he was my brother’s personal guard.  So his presence out on the streets meant something very fishy was going on. That brought me back to my brother, the reason I had run away from the colony….

“Well, Well, Well…. Isn’t this the runaway prince I see?”  A voice brought me back.

I groaned. It was Faust; off course he hadn’t missed me in the street.

“Faust! Please come join me” I told him, as the tall silver haired man with grey eyes sat down, I realized that I still held some attachment to the old man.

“How come you aren’t at the mansion? Did my brother grow tired of you?”

“No, No….nothing like that. We’re out for a small….visit.” Faust replied, he was observing me, trying to make out if I had changed or not.

“Mysterious as ever, you really are my brother’s confidante, aren’t you? Is he out too?’ I asked.

“Yes, but enough with your questions. How have you been? The colony misses you; we are already short of our princes for only you and William remain.  Your return would be so uplifting for our people,’ Faust said, his gentle voice soft so no one besides me could hear him.

“You know it, Faust; I can’t go back to the place where…where…where they killed her.” I growled

“I know,” Faust replied and there was silence.

“Well, it doesn’t hurt to try does it?” Faust said smiling. “I should leave now,”

“Before I leave….that brunette over there, she has overheard our entire conversation. I would have handled the business myself but I’m running late so will you me do the favor of taking care of it.” Faust said getting up.  

“She couldn’t have, our voices were too soft to be heard clearly by humans,” I retorted.

“Yes, by humans,” he said enigmatically.

‘So, what do you mean that the girl is a vampire like us?” I asked surprised. I had heard her heartbeat, and her appetizing floral smell was definitely human.

“Oh….no, no, Can’t you feel it... She’s a witch,” Faust replied and went off. I turned to face the girl and her face was frozen, apparent with confusion and fear.

                                          *************************************

TRISHA’S P.O.V

 I hadn’t meant to eavesdrop but as I was drawing the plates from the counter I suddenly heard them, loud and clear, as if they were talking to me.

I turned to see that it was the gorgeous guy and an elderly looking man whose conversation I had heard.

They were the only customers in the corner so I was sure of it.

“Yes, but enough with your questions. How have you been? The colony misses you; we are already short of our princes for only you and William remain.  Your return would be so uplifting for our people’ he old man said.

 “Colony? Prince? What the hell were they talking about? And more amazingly how the hell could I hear everything from way over at the counter? I thought as I looked around, no one was there in the diner besides me and the duo. Ally and Rob had gone to bring the daily supplies just at the end of the street and the other customers had left.

But the next sentence that the boy uttered totally took me by surprise. “You know it, Faust; I can’t go back to the place where…where…where they killed her.” He growled.

“Ok….” I thought to myself. I felt the sudden urge to slap myself so I could wake up. But this was no dream and it was freaking me out. “What the hell is going on???” I thought when I heard something that chilled me to my bones.

‘So, what do you mean that the girl is a vampire like us?”

Vampire….? Surely he was kidding. Maybe this was a prank. I looked around carefully, Nope, Ally and Rob weren’t hiding somewhere waiting to jump out and laugh at me.

"Oh….no, no, Can’t you feel it... She’s a witch,”

“Witch?” My knees went weak.” I must be surely dreaming” I thought and then as the elderly man left, that beautiful blue eyed boy turned to me and stared at my face before smiling widely.

‘Eavesdropping is rude, don’t you know?’ he said and the next instant he was right in front of me.

It was all too much, all blood left my face and the whole world was spinning. And then I blacked out.

                              ********************************************************