Don't Be Scared

"Are you scared of me?" he asked, anger dripping off his tongue.

I stared at my boyfriend, Jacob Black. Only an hour ago I could've told you everything about Jacob Black confidently. Jacob Black didn't keep secrets from me. Jacob Black didn't lie to me. We knew everything about each other, I wouldn't have even hesitated to brag that.

Only thirty minutes later and I was staring at a new person. This wasn't the Jacob Black I knew. This wasn't the Jacob Black that I had fallen in love with. This was a beast, an unpredictable and dangerous being. My boyfriend was a werewolf.

To be quite honest I'm not sure how he had expected me to take this news. I could tell he was getting angry at me for the way I was acting. I didn't want to be close to him, I was terrified.

I wasn't sure if he scared me more or his anger. I knew I was supposed to trust him, but I didn't.

"You think I'm going to hurt you?" he said raising his voice.

I flinched back and it gave him the answer to his question.

He chuckled and shook his head. His laugh was so sad an disappointed it made my heart ache. "So much for trusting me," he glared at me before he stormed away. He may have been walking, but his long legs made him gone before I could process what had happened.

The next three days I had thought about him for a long time. I loved Jacob Black. I loved him with all my heart. I told him I trusted him, I thought I did. But when he towered over me with his eyes hard, I was terrified. What if he transformed right there? He would've ripped me apart.

But if I loved Jacob I was going to have to live with that. Most importantly I was going to have to trust him. He had never given me a reason not to trust him. Besides, he had been a werewolf all this time and he'd never hurt me once.

I became frustrated with myself. If I hadn't known what he was I would've never been scared. It was just the idea in my head of him being some monster trying to tear my body apart.

I couldn't help but laugh at myself. I was talking about Jacob. MY Jacob. He would never hurt me. The only thing he'd ever given me in our relationship was love. And I knew if I had a secret like that Jacob would not hesitate to forgive me and accept me.

Sure, my boyfriend was a big, furry, dog that could easily bite through me like I was a meal. But I loved him, and after a long time of thinking, I decided that's all that matters.

I parked my car in front of the Black's house. Jacob would have known I was here by now, he would've heard the car, which gave me no time to prepare for what I was about to do. My heart was pounding and my palms were sweaty. Though the whole werewolf thing did scared me, I was more worried about Jacob not forgiving me. I took a deep breathe and got out of the car. As I assumed, he was halfway to my car to meet me.

He had a hard look on his face but this one I knew. Jacob was pretending he was still mad. He knew why I was here. If I didn't want to be with him, why would I show up? I would've called or something because I would've been too scared to come see him.

That realization made pride bubble up inside me and I quickened my pace. I was here with a werewolf and I wasn't scared. Well, I wasn't that scared.

As I approached him I walked right into him, wrapping my arms tightly around him and putting my head on his chest.

"I'm not scared of you," I said.

He didn't hug me back at first, which made time seem to slow down, my mind racing. What if he doesn't forgive me? What if he doesn't want to be with me anymore? What if he wants me to prove it?

My thoughts cut off as I heard him chuckle. He wasn't laughing at me, it was the one he does when he thinks I'm doing something cute. I smiled into his chest and he wrapped his arms around me.

"Thank you," he mumbled into my neck.