Chapter Nine

"Tell me how exactly did you know I would have agreed to this?" I turned around to look at Brittany in the back seat.

She was scrolling through her phone and she refused to look me in the eyes. It was evident that she was avoiding me. In all honesty, I was not mad at her or Jake. They were doing what they thought was necessary and if I was being completely honest I was glad they pushed me to this extreme. Although there was so much I was questioning, the thought of them coming together and planning my escape was the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me. Despite the initial anger, I was beginning to actually look forward to wherever they were taking me.

"Well, technically we did not expect you to agree," Jake glanced at me before diverting his eye back to the road, "hence, the excessive force."

"Wasn't even that excessive; not like you guys forced me into a car or anything." I laughed nervously desperately trying to ease the tension.

****************************************************************************************

I woke up to the smell of waffles and bacon and to the sound of the shower running. Not to the taste of blood or the smell of my already dried blood. I yawned and slowly sat up in my bed- I mean Jake's bed. Just as I was about to stroll out his room, he walked in half-naked with only a small, thin towel around down there.  I blushed at the sight.

"Princess? You're finally awake."

"Yea." My voice sounded raspy so I cleared it quickly, "yea." I repeated.

"Heard you the first time, babe."

"Oh."

"You should go meet my mom and dad. Oh, and aunt Carrie and the twins, Rebecca and Robert."

"I can't go down there in your shirt, can I?"

He eye scanned me and then titled his head, "they'll understand, Alex."

"Okay." I hurriedly ran out his room and made my way to his huge family kitchen/dining room. As soon as they heard my footsteps and heavy breathing they all turned around to stare. I recognized the mom from Aunt Carrie. Jake's mom had beautiful hazel brown eyes like his. His twin siblings eyed my clothing suspiciously and I had to pull it down quite a number of times.

"Good morning, dear." Jake's mom piped up first. Her voice sounded like music-so delicate and soft.

"Good morning, ma'am." I politely said  before sitting beside her.

"Oh. Call me Rose." her husband finally glanced up from his food and paper and gave me a brief nod. I nodded back. No use to force small talk.

"So, Alex, you're the new slut my cousin's digging? " Rebecca suddenly asked. Honestly who spoke like that -- who the hell says digging?

"Rebecca!" Her mother bulged out. I merely smiled.

"Becky." Jake's voice startled me from behind. His tone was laced with anger. Rebecca flicked him off. This house was clearly one without rules as neither Jake's aunt or his mom reprimanded Rebecca. I wish I had grown up like this.

"But it's true." 

I sighed deeply, "may I be excused?"

"Yes, of course, Alex." I got up fast and ran back to Jake's room. One thing I hated most of all was confrontation. And the fact that I was so hurt when she said I wasn't the first he's help. I sank deep into his bed and slowly closed my eyes. I needed rest, lots of it. I don't know how long I slept but I woke up to find Jake's beautiful eyes staring down at me. He blushed and I yawned for the second time that day.