CHAPTER 1-THE NEW TASK

Concentrate all your thoughts on the task at hand. The sun's rays do not burn until brought to focus

**********************

ARIANNA Williams' POV

BEEP BEEP......BEEP BEEP.

The voice from my phone on night stand woke me up. It's 7 am. Time to wake up. I did my daily chores. After shower I came out of the bathroom and went into my walk-in-closet. After wearing the undergarments, I chose a white shirt and a black pencil shirt. It looks simple yet stunning on me. I put on a light make up. I Put my black stilettos, picked my purse, car keys and locked the door. I took the elevator and go to basement. I took my car and pulled it into the New York traffic. I reach my office by 8:30am.

When I entered the office I greeted some of my colleagues and then went to pay a visit to my best friend Sarah. Sarah is my best friend since I joined this office six months ago. She is a very beautiful woman with blonde hair and baby blue eyes. When I came near her she gave me a brief hug. I missed her so much for one month.

"Hey babe. How are you doing?"I asked her. She arrived back to yesterday from visiting her mother in Seattle. "I am good. I enjoyed at a lot Seattle. Felt too good after visiting mom after so many days."She squealed with happiness blinking in her eyes." ARI, I'll catch you later. I have works to complete for the Billionaires Magazine."After sharing another hug we bid our goodbyes.

After reaching my table I took my place and pulled my laptop out from my bag and put the screen into life. I checked for my E-mails and then started my today's work. Today being the last day of editing the 'NYC BILLIONAIRES MAGAZINE' everyone are very busy. I also start editing the draft of the article which I wrote yesterday. Personally, I don't like writing about gossips. I rather write some facts that can create a change in mindset of people. This is my ambition 'TO CREATE A CHANGE'. After working for a while I needed a coffee. I saved the changes and then made my way to the cafeteria in the office. After having my coffee I came back to my table and started working again. I started editing the second draft for the day. It is about some Billionaire 'CHRISOPHER KNIGHT'. This is the fourth time I have heard his name in the drafts."CHRISTOPHER KNIGHT", I mumble to myself and a shiver ran down my spine. What is with this name? Who is he? Whenever I read or hear this name I feel tingling sensation on me. When I was thinking about him received a call from my boss' secretary. She informs me that he wants to see me urgently.

I make my way to my boss' cabin. There is a Name plate written on the door of the cabin as 'Niall Matthews'. I knock at the door and a firm voice came from inside, "Come in" he said. I pushed the door and entered his office. His cabin is very big and comprises of dark colors. There is a table in the middle and has big windows at one side which gave the beautiful view of the city. His table is full of files and drafts. He gestures me to sit. I occupy the chair in front of his table. I hear a knock on the door and Niall says "come in" and then Sarah enters his cabin. We both look at each other with confusion. Sarah occupies the sit beside me and then we both stare at Niall. "Sarah and Arianna, I have a very important task for you. You both have a new assignment."We both are still looking at him with confused face. "CHRISTOPHER KNIGHT!"He says and then again I have those feelings covering me. What effect does this name has on me? What is hapenening to me by just hearing a name?

Niall passes us a file. "Here, in this file you will find information about him." I open a file and then I saw a photo of a man and my heart skips a beat. He is so handsome. Just like a Greek god. Handsome is the only word I would use for him. Muscular chest, brown hairs, broad shoulders and silver gray eyes. Those eyes.........Even though they were emotionless but still they hold so many secrets in their depths. "What we have to do?"Words from Sarah bring me out of my thoughts. Niall walks to the windows and stares outside and continues speaking, "Christopher Knight, CEO of the KX CORPORATIONS. The most eligible bachelor of New York. At the age of 26 he has achieved such a massive empire with the help of his best friend and business partner Ryan Xaviers. But being on such a big post he never attends any business parties or events. He never gives interviews. Not a single one. All his interviews, success parties, business events are all attended by Ryan."

"What do we have to do?" I asked Niall.

He replied with a smirk "Arianna you have to find a new job."

I was shocked. Never in the millions of years, I had thought of this. "WHAT? But sir I am good at my job. You can't fire me like this." I defended myself. Niall laughed, "Cool down you young lady. No one is firing you." What the hell is he talking? Is he out of his senses? He looked at my confused face and then came to his table and passed us another file. "Read it. You will get all your answers." I opened the file and my eyes went wide with what I saw .It was a job resume of me with a fake identity as ARIANNA PARKER. "What is this? A fake resume of me."

"Yes", he replied.

"You have to find a new job at KX cooperation. Their company is offering new internships. So tomorrow I want you to go for an interview over there. I need some new information about him. I m tired of writing the same headlines every time. I know Ari you are not into gossips but if you do this we will get new information about him other than is name, surname and his work place. I want to know about his personal and professional life. His unrevealed secrets can take our company to new height if we find them."

"But why me?" I asked. "Ari, you are new here. It will take time for him to find your information out." OH GOD! WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? I stare at him with a blank face thinking what I should do. Then Sarah said to me, "Come on Ari we can do this. Let's do this together." I had no choice. I unwillingly accepted this new job. "Okay Niall, I will do this job."

"Thank you Ari. Now you should go get a makeover and change your look a little. I am giving you both a leave. Get to a salon, do the makeover and get ready for tomorrow. ALL THE BEST TO BOTH OF YOU."

We both wished him goodbye and while stepping out of his office I think, OH JESUS! WHAT HAVE I GOT MYSELF INTO?

*****************************************************************************************************

Hello Guys.

Here you go your first chapter.

Please Comment and Vote.

Please ignore mistakes as it is our first attempt.

Share your views.

Happy reading.