Chapter 1 Lily's POV

"So you think you're good enough for this dance school, Lily?" The judge said, his hands tapping the pen he held. Little dots appearing on the paper as the tip touched the surface.

"No," I said simply. "I never said I was good enough to be here, I only said that I would try to be."

The judge nodded, a slight smile playing across his emotionless face. "Whenever you're ready."

I took a deep breath before walking over to the old silver CD player on the table. I had ten seconds before the music would start. I knew the choreography but I have never danced alone. The music started with a piano, and I stood with my head down in the middle of the room...

You're the first face that I see,
And the last thing I think about.
You're the reason that I'm alive,
You're what I can't live without...

I stepped to the side, my arms reaching out as the words started. Then my hands crossed over my chest, my foot to a point. I spun my arms out and twisted my torso into the air, my legs stretching out, no part of me on the ground.

You never give up when I'm falling apart,
Your arms are always open wide.
And you're quick to forgive when I make a mistake,
You love me in the bling of an eye...

I landed in a crouch on the ground, one leg out the other under my body. I pushed my body off the ground and looked up just above the judge's coal black eyes. I put my arms in the air and took my own hand swinging them around, the rest of my body following in a curvy spiral.

I don't deserve your love, but you give it to me anyway,
I can't get enough, you're everything I need,
And when I walk away, You take off running and come right after me.
It's what you do and I don't deserve you...

My back leg was straight, my front bent and my hands flat on the ground I pulled back up as I my back was on a string but let my head drop again, spinning to face the judge with my hands either side of my head. I jumped up so that one leg was in the air, meeting my arms above my head.

You're the light inside my eyes,
Give me a reason to keep trying,
You give me more than I could dream,
And you bring me to my knees

I let my leg drop, swinging it forward and twisting my body so I would face down as it hit waist height. I planted my hands firmly on the ground and swung my right leg over my head followed by my left leg forming into a frontward cartwheel. Landing gently on my knees.

Your heart is golden how am I the one,
That you've chosen to love
And I still can't believe that you're right next to me,
After all that I've done...

I swung my arms across the floor in front of me. I pumped my chest out and arched my back falling to the ground.

I don't deserve your love, but you give it to me anyway,
I can't get enough, you're everything I need,
And when I walk away, You take off running and come right after me.
It's what you do and I don't deserve you...

I rolled my body into a crouch, before kicking my leg out and landing with my stomach on the ground. I pulled my arms and legs together as if a string was pulling then away from me, then arching my back my elbows and my ankles were all that were holding me to the ground.

I don't deserve a chance like this,
I don't deserve a love that gives me everything,
You're everything I want...

I punched my right arm out in a fist, my other hand tracing from my palm, down the inside of my arm. When it came to my chest I pumped it out, bringing it back to my chest and running back as if the impact had pushed me.

I don't deserve your love, but you give it to me anyway,
I can't get enough, you're everything I need,
And when I walk away, You take off running and come right after me.
It's what you do and I don't deserve you...

I finally stood up and moved to the back of the room my head was down, I finished with my arms across my chest.

I don't deserve you.

I dropped into a normal stance, and looked up to the judge's coal black eyes. He smiled simply, but his expression didn't give anything away.

"I think that the song, 'don't deserve you', was not the right song. Because I think you definitely deserve this scholarship, and we would love to have you at our school."

My hand covered my mouth and I smiled, "Thank you, Thank you so much."

"See you in first semester." He said before looking to the door. "Next!"

As I walked out Nate walked in, my best friend since forever. He smiled his customary crooked smile as he walked past me. His blue eyes shone under the lights, his blond hair ruffled from running.

"Late again?" I whispered.

"Shut up, Lily." He moved past me over to the judges table.

"Nate. It's good to see you, what song..." I tuned out not wanting to eavesdrop. My hand pressed to the door knob, the door was stiff as I opened it and walked out, I caught a glimpse of Nate's eyes as the door closed behind me.

Hey guy's my forth book on Wattpad, I just want to say at the end of each chapter I will have the name of any songs that are in the book. I haven't made these songs up. (I'm not that good.) But If you like the lyrics, check them out on YouTube. This one was Don't Deserve You by PLUMB

If you like this book, check out my other books. 'Stolen Love' 'Elementals' and if you like quotes 'Fandom Quotes'

Enjoy, xxx VOTE SHARE COMMENT