Chapter 6 Joel's POV

Lily's head dropped and I noticed what she had been looking at. Nate. Lily turned and slowly walked to the corner of the room. Nate looked at me and I shot him an angry glance, before walking back to Lily.

"Okay dancers." Missy said coming out to the front of the room. "You know where to go, I want you to choreograph a dance together. I want you to focus on technique and maybe try improvising it." She waited a moment scanning the room. Nobody had moved. "Why are you still here? Go!" She said.

Lily and I moved into one of the separate dance studios. It was small but big enough. A black sheet-like thing hung against the walls of the room, light shone through it from a window that had been covered. Giving off a small light, enough to dance with. The room was similar to all the other dance rooms.

Lily was in the corner of the room, Searching for her phone in her bag. "Do you have a song you want to do?" She asked. Her voice emotionless and distracted.

"Try 'Apologise' do you have it?" She didn't answer. "Hey." I said, moving over to her. "Do you want to go home?"

"No, I'm fine. I don't have that song on my phone. When I find it." Then she sat back, as if remembering something.

I thought of the night before. When she chucked her phone down the alley. I took my phone out and handed it to her. I knew why she was upset. But she doesn't know that.

"Improvise it?" She offered. I nodded. The music started and we moved to opposite ends of the room.

I'm holding on your rope, got me ten feet off the ground
And I'm hearing what you say, but I just can't make a sound...

I reached out in front of my body, she did the same as if there was an invisible rope between us. We walked toward each other. I cartwheeled, pushing myself up at the end so to landed in a crouch facing her as she rolled forward standing against the wall on the other side of the room.

You tell me that you need me then you go and cut me down, but wait
You tell me that you're sorry, didn't think I'd turn around, and say...

I took Lily's hand as she stretched it out spinning to the left while she spun across the front. Our hands separated, she swung her arms forward before falling back where I caught her, but she jumped back out of my arms turning to my back, and pushing me down to the ground where she, stepped over my body her leg in the air as she spun.

That It's too late to apologize, it's too late.
I said, "It's too late to apologize, it's too late."

I hooked my arm through hers and turned lifting her up off the ground, her legs parted and as he landed on one foot the other came forward, she ran to me, forcing me back. I moved out of the way as she reached forward. Her leg going out behind her. I grabbed it and pulled her back, she jumped into my arms kicking out as if struggling.

I'd take another chance, take a fall, take a shot for you
And I need you like a heart needs a beat, but it's nothin' new...

I put her down, my arm under her back as she bent over, her hand on my shoulder and her neck back. Her eyes were closed and her lip quivering. I lifted her back to her feet gently and we separated, she moved to the front of the room forming into multiple pirouettes. I followed, copying her, letting her lead.

I loved you with a fire red, now it's turning blue, and you say,
"Sorry," like the angel heaven let me think was you, but I'm afraid...

Lily landed gracefully, running over to me and pushing me down, and turning to run away. I reached forward grabbing a hold of her ankle. She turned back, looking over her shoulder putting her arm back. I took her hand and she pulled me up. Landing in my arms. Her face angled up to me. Before she spun under me and around my back.

"It's too late to apologize, it's too late."
I said, "It's too late to apologize, it's too late..."

She moved over to the other end of the room, before turning back to me and running across. I knew what she was trying to do. I took hold of either side of her waist and raised her up above my head. Lily unfolded her arms and held the postured before taking a hold of my arms and passing her legs over my body, and she tumbled forward.

"It's too late to apologize, it's too late."
I said, "It's too late to apologize, it's too late..."

Lily landed in a crouch, before swinging her legs around and curling up into a ball a I spun into a pirouette next to her. When I landed I reached out to her and pulled her back up to her feet. I walked her across the room before swinging her around and laying her down onto the floor.

I said, "It's too late to apologize," yeah, it's too late.

Walking across the room as she got to her feet and as we had started, she stretched out her arms and we pulled at the invisible rope. She then let go and tumbled to the floor with exhaustion. I dropped down next to her and turned her to me.

I'm holdin' on your rope, got me ten feet off the ground...

The music finished and she moved to the edge of the room sitting on a chair. We were both breathing heavily. Sweat ran down my back, and her temples were damp. She looked up to me as I stood there. Her green eyes meeting mine. Her brown hair pulled back into a tight ponytail. She shook her head and grabbed her bag out of the corner of the room.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going home, I can't... I'm too tired."

"Tired of dancing or tired of people?" I asked.

She looked over her shoulder, at me. "...People." She said simply. The handle went down under her hand and she opened the door.

The phone... "Hey wait." I said reaching into my bag. She turned back to me. I pulled out her phone, which Alec had retrieved from the night before. Holding it out. She looked at it confused but took it.

"W... How did you..." She said pointing at it in her hand.

"I found it in an alley. I recognised it."

She frowned but seemed to accept the story. "Thanks." She said, before turning out of the room.

(A.N)

Hi,

I hope you are enjoying this so far. The song in this Chapter was Apologize by OneRepublic. I had the idea for this dance from a dance on YouTube. It's a bit different but check it out.

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe4-ZNcP14E

Enjoy, xxx VOTE SHARE COMMENT