Hidden Within Me (Sequel to Hidden In the Pensieve) (HP)

Part 1:

August 29, 2018

I'd like to be a writer someday. It sounds ridiculous, considering there are professions such as being a professor at Hogwarts, becoming an auror, working in the Ministry of Magic, but it's all I've dreamt about since I was little. I love reading, writing stories, looking at things from a different perspective. Of course, there's always The Daily Prophet, but I want to write an adventure. I'm not sure who sent me this diary, but whoever they are, I'm thankful they did. I can finally write one. I'm told that the best adventures come from real experiences, so for inspiration, I've decided to write about my thoughts, memories, and what's occurring in my life.

I'll start with a few of my memories; this one came to mind just recently.

"Mummy, what you weading?" I asked, only three years of age at the time.

"Oh, it's nothing," my mum answered, smiling, but with tears in the corners of her eyes.

"What is it, Mummy? Did Owlivia bwing me my letter for H-Hog...-" My mother laughed, shaking her head.

"No, sweetheart, you're much too young for Hogwarts. It's just an invitation."

"I wanna see! Pwease, mummy?!" I begged.

My mum nodded, handing me the invitation. My memory being so keen (for the most part), I remember being so entranced by it: the emerald cursive writing that I could not yet read, but most importantly, I found myself intrigued by the slithering snake that slid its body into the shape of heart.

"Mummy, what does it say?" I asked, tugging on her sleeve.

"It just says we're all invited to Uncle Draco's wedding. He's...m-...marrying that girl, Astoria Greengrass. Do you remember her?"

I frown. "I don't wike her."

"That makes two of us," my mother snorted.

I remember attending the wedding and how extravagant it was, with enormous amounts of silver, green, black, and white decorating every inch of the Malfoy Manor. I had never seen anything quite like it, so naturally I thought it was wonderful, all except for Astoria Greengrass. I do, however, remember the peculiar looks my family received at our attendance. It was quite confusing to me at the time; I had not a clue about blood status, nor social status (specifically, of how family members/friends of the Malfoys viewed Weasleys). Talking about it now, I'm told that it's surprising how strangely polite the guests were, as if they had all been sternly warned to be nice.

Before the ceremony started, I spotted "Uncle Draco". Getting all excited, I ran to him and he picked me up in his arms.

"Hey, little one, how's my favorite girl?" Uncle Draco asked, smiling and tickling my stomach.

"Goood," I giggled.

Two people stood next to Uncle Draco, a man with very long white blond hair and a beautiful woman sporting similar blond locks. Uncle Draco told me they were his parents. The man and woman introduced themselves as Narcissa, which turned into "Cissa", and Lucius, which turned into "Lu", because I couldn't possibly pronounce those names at three years old.

"Demetria June Weasley! You know better than to run off by yourself," My mum scolded, suddenly appearing.

I covered my face with my hands, hoping that she couldn't see me if I did that. Of course, she could, though, but all my mum did was laugh and tell me that we need to get back to our seats soon.

When I uncovered my eyes, Cissa was staring at Uncle Draco and I. Suddenly, her eyebrows raised, then she whispered something to mum.

"It was very nice to meet you, young lady," Lu's voice rang out, averting my attention.

"You too, Lu!" I said, with a toothy grin, taking his hand in mine and shaking it.

Uncle Draco and Lu both laugh, but being three, I didn't understand why they thought it was so funny.

My mum announces that Aunt Ginny's saved a seat for me and urged me to go get settled, telling me she'll be there in just a moment. I gave Uncle Draco a kiss on the cheek and went skipping off to my Aunt Ginny. From my seat, though, I watched the exchange between my mother and Uncle Draco. They spoke for a moment and before mum returned to her seat next to mine, my mother kissed Uncle Draco's cheek. When she walked back, on her face was an expression I couldn't quite understand.

Within the same year as Uncle Draco's wedding, Rose was born, but so was his son, Scorpius. I didn't see much of Uncle Draco that year, but I can't rightly blame Scorpius, even though now he is sort of a little snot. No, that was due to Astoria, or Stori, as I've always called her. I have a few other nicknames now, but I really shouldn't say. I've never been fond of Stori, nor has she ever been fond of me. I can't be sure of the reason it's this way, but it is; always has been and always will be.

And now that I've shared with you a few of my memories, maybe you ought to know a little background knowledge about me, or simply background knowledge in a general sense. My parents are Hermione Weasley and Ronald Weasley. I was born September 2, 2003. (I was born a little early). The year, currently, is 2018, making me nearly fifteen years of age. I have a twelve year old sister, Rose, and a nine year old brother, Hugo, who both possess fiery red hair. I, on the other hand, sport fair, blond locks and sort of hazel-grey eyes. This factor is quite puzzling, considering my parents have none of those traits, but of course, I've never met my grandparents on my mum's side. I guess, mostly, I take after my mother; I love to learn, I do spectacularly in school, I practically analyze everything, (and I can be a bit sensitive from time to time). However, I find myself wrapped up in a good prank or two, and occasionally, though I feel slightly guilty for admitting it, I may use my knowledge to trick others into giving me what I want (of course, only when the person deserves to be tricked, otherwise I try mostly to be nice to others). Most importantly, you ought to know that I am soon to begin my fifth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, only the most fantastical place on the planet of Earth.

I am certain I can elaborate more about myself and my history, but for now I think I have introduced you enough to begin taking you through my life from this point on. I wish I could guarantee that I'll find the great adventure I'm looking for, but really I'm just an average wizard girl, probably writing an average story. At least, this one's mine, though.

-Sincerely, Demi