Field

Her eyes were lit up. She danced in the tall grass, coated with sunlight. Her goldern hair waved along with her arms. "This is amazing! I love this!" She shouted into the sky. She was overflowing with unbelievable joy. She was laughing and happily shouting. Her smile glowed.

He stood behind her. His eyes weren't as expressive as hers. He wasn't smiling. He observed her dance, he felt a strong wave of envy. How was she so happy? Why wasn't he happy? He felt as if his emotions were held in an indestructible dam. He smiled. He was happy for her. She was able to find joy.

The side in which she stood had sun covering everything like blanket. The grass surrounding her moved with grace, just as she did. Her joy was glowing. Her happiness infected anyone who came near her.

His side was drowning. He wasn't radiant. He wasn't graceful. He was envious, he wanted the light she held. His side was still, darker than her's.

She remain oblivious to his side. She was absorbed in her sun. His side was a product of this, his side was, a long time ago, just as vivid as hers. His side didn't feel as if he was suffocating immedently. It happened over time.

He became resentful. She had joy in her ignorance.

His resent grew. He became angry. He yelled and swung. Her sun darkened, her eyes stopped glowing, she stopped speaking joyously.

Both of their sides became dark. Still. Dead. It wouldnt be like this if he had spoke. If she hadn't let herself become absorbed.

The field turned black. Neither his or her side shown anything. How this could have been prevented, only if the field wasn't divided.