Chapter 2

I had handed the dragon to Katie but it didn't want to leave me so it flew back onto my shoulder. I knew I couldn't take it inside it would be too noisy. But I wanted to get me sketch pad and draw the dragon. So I asked Katie to go get it for me. While she was doing that, I was trying to see if the dragon was a girl or a boy. I couldn't tell so I gave it a name that any boy or girl dragon could have- Zeeki. She, wait I means he, no it! Ah there we go. I have got to get that down. So the dragon loved it's name! After about 5 minutes Katie finally came down with my pad and pen, to find me laying down with Zeeki on top of me. Of course she didn't know that dragon's name. So I introduced Katie to Zeeki. Katie thought it was the cutiest name for it. And those where her exact words. That's right cutiest. we needed a place to keep the dragon where my parents won't find it. Katie thought " I got it!why don't we make the old playhouse it's new home and put up some borders so it can't get out." I nodded my head and replied "good idea. We just need some old cushions and food it will like so it can be comfortable. By this time Zeeki had fallen asleep. So I was able to get up and grab some old cushions and blankets from the attic while Katie got some chicken and put it in a cooler with some ice. Of course my mom asked "hey Skylar, what are you doing?" In her unmistakable "mother all knowing look". I replied, actually being honest, " Katie and I are making a fort outside but we didn't want to use the good pillows and blankets. She said "ok" and started typing on her computer again. I sighed as I walked back outside. I shouted "Katie I have the cushions!" She said "awesome! Now let's make this place great!"