Chapter 3: Beach House...

After breakfast, Ava picked everything up and started washing the dishes that she used. She didn't want to leave a mess for Rosie...which reminded her.

"Umm, Diego?" turning to face her boss who was still sitting down looking through his cell.

Looking up at her. "Yes?"

"Shouldn't Rosie be here already?" wiping her hands with a towel.

"Yeah, about that. I gave her the day off." smiling at her.

"Oh?"

"I thought it would be nice if we spend the day together."

Ava widened her eyes at what he tells her. "Oh..."

Diego stared at her with amusement then chuckled. "Luca, you and me Ava. That's what I meant."

Taking a breath of relief she nodded her head. "That's...nice."

"I figured I needed a day off to spend with Luca and of course you. Unless you mind."

"No." responding to him.

"No?" cocking his brow.

"I mean yes." replying quickly to him.

He chuckled. "Which one is it Ava? Yes or no."

"I mean no of course I don't mind. Luca is your son and yes...you needed a day off." correcting herself.

"Good. I figured we could go to the beach house for the weekend and relax." 

"Beach house?" 

"Yes, beach house. Right on the beach in a private and secluded area."

"Okay, I guess I should go start packing Luca's things then. Excuse me." she tells him heading out of the kitchen.

"Ava?" Diego called out to her.

"Yes?" turning to look at him.

"Don't forget to pack your own bag...especially a bathing suit." smiling at her.

"Okay." she blushes then turns again to head upstairs to start packing Luca's things and then her own.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Two and a half hours later Diego, Ava and Luca where in the car driving to the beach house which was about an hour away by the coast.

After leaving the kitchen Ava had gone into Luca's room quietly to pack his things until he slowly woke up. She was thankful that she had finished packing his things. Giving him his bottle and then his food, she washed him up then dressed him for the day.

Going to her room with him she set him down on the floor so she could pack. Of course he crawled everywhere so it took her longer to pack until Diego came in and took him.

"Do you like the beach Ava?" Diego glanced over at her then back to the road as he drove.

"Yes and no."

"Why is that?" he asked curiously. He wanted to know about her and was hoping this weekend he would. That is one of the reasons why he took the time off besides wanting to spend time with his son.

"I like watching the water and I love to people watch. Laying down is relaxing to me when I hear the waves in the distance."

"I like that too. How about the no part of the beach?"