Karma's A Bitch

Jason's pov

I'm so nervous. This will be my first baby check up since I missed all of Sam's. We were holding hands and walking to the hospital. "You alright, Jay?" I glance down at her. "Oh uh yeah.... Just a little nervous." "You seemed tense." She says, squeezing my hand. I look down at our hands and the wedding rings on our fingers. "What are you lookin' at?" She asks with a smirk. I smile and kiss her. "Just you baby girl. My gorgeous wife." We go to the room and she gets on the seat. They do an ultrasound. My hand subconsciously grips tight to my pants legs in anticipation. Then suddenly I see it. My little baby. My goodness! "Oh man, looks like I'm not the only emotional one." Miranda says laughing. "Huh?" She laughs and I realize why. I was tearing up. "Oh come on, you are too." I say embarrassed. "But I'm a woman." She says, still laughing. I roll my eyes and help her sit up. "I'm most certainly not a woman." I say, kissing her. The doctor wants to talk to me so we go into the hallway. "There's something I found that I didn't want to say in front of her." Huh? "What are you talking about?" She glances back to her room. "Follow me." I follow her to an x-ray room. She puts up a couple of x-rays. "What is this doc?" I ask, putting my hands in my pockets. She bites her lip worried. "What's wrong?" That nervous feeling is back. "Um I hate to have to tell you this. But she's got breast cancer." "WHAT?!" I back up too caught off guard. "B-But how's that gonna affect the baby?" "We're not sure but if she has the chemo while pregnant it could kill the baby." Oh my God!!

Miranda's pov

I wonder what's taking Jason. He runs back in the room wild looking. "B-Baby we h-have to talk!" Uh oh. He must have found out. "You might want to sit down for this." He says. I sigh. "Jason I know." His eyes go wide. "Y-You know?!" I nod. "Why didn't you tell me??" "Because you'd want to get me on chemo and radiation and I wasn't going to do that. Not until the baby came." I say, looking at my feet. "Damn right I would! You'd die without it!" Tears fill my eyes. "And the baby will die with it!" I scream, hiding my eyes as the sobs come. He hugs me. "You could be dead by then." He whispers, shakily. I cry against his chest. "How long have you known?" "2 months." I whisper. We go back home and sit on the couch. "I'll be okay..... And if I'm not, this baby will."

Jason's pov

"We could always try again after chemo!" I gasp, trying hard not to cry in front of her. "No we can't. My body will be too weak to get pregnant. I've read up on it. I'm not ripping this from you again." I can't help it as tears fill my eyes. "I just... I don't wanna lose you again." I whisper, wiping the tears from her pretty hazel eyes. "You won't lose me. I'll always be with you. Even if I die." She whisper, putting a hand on my chest. I hug her tightly. "I love you sweetheart."

Luke's pov

I get a text from Jason. A really confusing text.

J: at bar, drunk of mi ass, comee get mee.

Ok he just can't type drunk. I message him that I'm on my way and head out. If that woman, left him again! I sit beside him. "You okay man?" "She's gone." He whispers. I clench my fists. "I fucking knew it." "She's as good as dead! I just couldn't cry in front of her!" "What?!" I gape confused. "Dude, what's going on?!" He hides his face in his hands, his shoulders shaking. "She's gonna die. There's no doubt about it." I'm so confused. I get him in my truck. Now that it's quiet. "Jason, talk to me please! I'm tempted to kick your wife's ass!" He looks up at me suddenly. "Don't fucking say that again!" "Then what is going on?!" "She's got cancer!" My jaw drops! "Wait! But you said she was gone!" "She probably will be soon! She refuses to take the treatments til the baby gets here! It's gonna kill her!" Oh man! "Jay, I'm sorry for saying that. I just thought ya meant she left ya again." He shakes his head. "I don't know what to do man!" I hug him. "I'd say be with her for the time she has left." I say. "Yeah! You're right!" He gasps, forcing a smile. "My first baby was fatherless. My second baby might be motherless." He says, the smile fading. "Let's sober you up."

Miranda's pov

I look at the ultrasound. Jason and I are gonna have a son. Tears fill my eyes. I hope I'm here for him. I lay back down as Jason comes home. He sits beside me, a hand on my back while I face the wall. "You okay?" I ask. "I'm sober if that's what you mean." I turn over. He's been crying. "Oh Jason, I should've told you when I found out." He forces a weak smile and hugs me tight. Then lays beside me. "I guess it's karma. I did all that shit with Sam and now I won't be around for our son."

Jason's pov

"Baby don't think like- wait, did you say son?" She nods, crying again. "Congratulations Jason, you're gonna have a son." She says, grabbing my hand and putting it to her stomach 4 month along stomach. "No baby we're gonna have a baby. Because you'll make it. You're a strong badass chick! I mean you went a gang while just getting out of the hospital with a bullet wound to the head! You'll kick this! And be there to be the mother for our son." "You.... You really think.... I'll be okay?" She whimpers, a tear rolling down her face. I fight back my own tears and kiss her gently. "I know so."