1. winter · barry

finally going to be home for christmas. missed last year's because of the snow, let's just hope that doesn't happen this year.

i hum to the tune of some old christmas song as i tap my fingers on the steering wheel. i notice the snow starting to fall down faster and heavier. oh well, it's not enough to slow me down.

the tunes continue to play as i turn the heat up a little more as if my sweater and sweatpants aren't enough. i turn on my highbeams because it starts to get so dark and clouded from all the snow i can barely see. suddenly, i hear my car slowly start to break down and finally turn off.

fuck. i thought i would actually be able to make it on time this year. my mom is going to be so disappointed and my dad will be sad because he told me he got me a special present that i could only have at dinner. he told me he spent hours making it, now i'll never know what it is.

"why does the universe hate me?!" i hit the steering wheel as hard as i could, not caring if i broke the piece of shit car. i run my finger through my hair and sigh. i need to tell my mom im going to be late, i look at my phone, but it doesn't turn on. it's probably dead. i need some kind of miracle. i get out of the car to see what's the problem.

"why always at the worst of times?" i yell kicking the car.

"heyo, you need some help, buddy?"