Let Love Bleed Red

It was a Monday morning, the sun had just risen and Nathan was anxious to meet the love of his life Noah. They just met in Spanish class for the first time and honestly Nathan couldn't resist. He was abnormally shy but tried his best to be confident. Nathan was pretty attractive but he was always insecure about himself. He always wondered why he was so uncertain about himself, later on in his teen years he realized it was his abusive father that was the bully behind his uncertainty. He got up out of his bed and looked at his arm, he traced the spot where his father left a bruise the night before. He didn't understand why his dad took all his anger out on him, he never even made eye contact with him. He tried his best to avoid his father that night, but every nights the same.

"Nathan" his mom calls in from the other room

"what..." Nathans voice was hoarse and his hair disheveled.

He must have had a bad dream that night because his bed was a horrible mess. Finally after a couple minuets his mom walks in the room and tells him to wake up. She left the room ranting on about how this is why he was always late. He got out of bed and debated out loud whether he should go to school. 

"well if I stay home i get to use the computer and sleep all day, but if i go to school i get to see Noah"

He smiled at the sound of his name and hurried to take a shower. He was all about personal hygiene and honestly he just loved to smell good. Once he got out the shower he put on his tight jeans, black Vans, and a black Paramore shirt with a dark grey hood. He put on his fathers cologne, Dove deodorant and lotion. the combination of smells reminded him of candy and cookies. He loved candy, and he needed the sugar after staying up till three o'clock in the morning talking to Noah about how amazing they felt about each other. Nathan couldn't help but envision themselves dating but he wasn't sure how Noah felt, after all he could just be really friendly. At that moment Noah picked up his bag and headed out the door, he made sure to cover the bruise so it wouldn't alarm Noah or the teachers. 

He got to school and went to his first period with his friend Ash. She dressed in all black and was listening to hardcore rock. He noticed her sitting in the corner fiddling with her phone. He started to approach her but she didn't notice him. He eventually reached her and she took off her headphones and spoke.

"hey you butt" she said with a smile

Nathan chuckled at this and replied "nothing, I'm so fucking tired, i didn't sleep at all last night i was talking to Noah. He said i was an amazing person and that i shouldn't let anyone put me down"

"well you shouldn't and you don't need Noah to know that."

She noticed the bag in my hand and grabbed it "watcha got"

"Give it back, you know ill kick you in the v***na"

"NO, no here but give me some i didn't eat this morning"

"OK, but by the way i was going to give you anyway"

At that she rolled her eyes and stood up. Nathan pulled out a bag of skittles and opened it, Ashley put out her hand and he poured it into her palms. His sleeve lifted slightly and she saw the painful looking bruise on his arm. She grabbed his are making sure not to touch the spot and pulled up his sleeve.

"wow what the fuck happened to your arm" He struggled to break her grip and she eventually released. She noticed tears started to form in his eyes so she changed the subject and started to talk about the Spanish project they had to hand in the next day.

"ugh, i didn't even start what the fuck were we supposed to do anyways" Nathan said as he slowly sat down in front of the bleachers.

"well we were supposed to draw a picture of a classroom and label all the objects in the picture in Spanish" as she was talking she pulled out her black binder that looked like it was newly bought. But Nathan knew she had that thing since eight grade. She pulled out a piece of paper with poorly drawn desks and students. Nathan bursted into laughter at the sight of it.