Birthday Surprises

I woke up and immediately knew something was different. I knew it was my birthday but it wasn't that, I felt more alive, like my skin was buzzing with energy.
I hopped out of bed with surprising grace and trudged into my bathroom, picking up my towel on the way. I jumped in the shower and relaxed as the warm water soothed my aching muscles. After a few minutes I turned off the water, got out and wrapped my towel around me.

I picked my hairbrush up from the counter and prepared to tame my usual wild mane of hair.
I was shocked when I looked in the mirror.
My hair was perfect, not a hair out of place. It was in loose curls and ended at my waist, it had got a few shades lighter but I knew no one would notice this, yet somehow I could. My eyes seemed to be working better, everything was so clear, I could see all the tiny specks of dust floating through the air, mixed with the minute water droplets.
I continued to observe my face, my skin was perfectly smooth and my nose was now small and curved, my lips were fuller and red and by eyes, they were still brown but in the light they shined all the colours in the rainbow. I was speechless.

Did one of you do this!? I screamed after a minute.

Nope.. My dad replied hastily

But.. There's something else! Don't hide it! I yelled back.

Erm, well erm, go to breakfast! Your going to be late! Got to go bye! He said quickly.

I sighed and walked over to my wardrobe, I grabbed out some ripped denim jeans and the orange 'camp Half-Blood' T-shirt.
I put my sword in my pocket, making sure the lid was on properly, I wouldn't want it changing forms during breakfast.

I ran over to the breakfast tent and was met by a creepy silence, the were all going to 'surprise' me. Great.
I stepped inside and was blasted by a shower of confetti and shouts of people wishing my a happy birthday. They had decorated the tent beautifully though, I couldn't lie. There were gold streamers hanging from the roof with silver ones lining the tables, bunches of balloons were dotted around as everyone went to sit at there tables or give me a gift.
Annabeth gave me a friendship bracelet made out of petrified leaves, I know what your thinking, 'eww what kind of gift is that' but were not allowed out of camp, unless its a quest and these were the leaves from the silver willow, they were an amazing silver colour and went rock hard when petrified.

Clarisse gave me a dagger, Percy a new sketch book, Zoey and Chloe gave me a lovely dress that was white with pink floral affect printed on it. It was strapless and ended just above my knees.

After that I went and got some food, I saw Mr D watching me from his table but ignored it, I often caught him staring at me.
I sat down at the Zeus table where all my friends already were eating, they all looked up and smiled as I slid into my seat.