1. The Window

Jake was sitting down, leaning against a big tree, waiting. He had a clear view to the building. He's been waiting for almost an hour, and still the room seems to be lightened. They didn't go to sleep yet. Jake is becoming stressed, but he's trying to seem careless, having a common face, acting like someone would be watching him. Time is passing. It's almost 2 a.m. and they didn't turn off the light yet.

"It's like they would know that I'm watching and waiting. Who knows, maybe they really do. I'll be standing here until 6 a.m. if needed", thought Jake.

A soft wave of warm air hit Jake's face, while he had his eyes fixed on that window. Then in the next second the other window, from above the main one, lightened. Suddenly it was shivered, at the same time with a big sound. Jake stood like nothing would have happened, unfazed, without any reaction, his eyes still stoned on the main window.

The building he was watching was not very far away, maybe two hundred feets. Between him and the house, a large park was spreading, with big trees here and there. The city was very quiet at this time. You could hear the wind, and nothing else. No cars, no people on the street, no noise at all. Walking those streets at that time would scare the most people from the town, that's why no one is outside. Everyone thinks that it's dangerous to walk the dark streets at 2 a.m. But no one ever dared to explain why. It's a general idea, spread in the mind of the locals like a disease. Jake thinks that it's just rave. He loves to do things in the night and he never feared that something bad could ever happen to him.
Suddenly, he heard a voice:

"Are you waiting for something?"

Jake froze. He was sure that he's alone in this big park. With a low voice he answered.

"I didn't ever believed that this is possible." It seems like Jake figured out what's actually happening.

"You was stubborn. I hope you won't regret this."

"For sure I won't".

Jake stood up. Right after, the window shivered. He couldn't see which one, because all of them were in dark now, but he was sure that it was the main one.