death next door

When I get home from school there are several police cars surrounding the building I live in. I hurry inside our apartment to find my parents and sister home. "Thank goodness your safe", says my step father. My mother rushes to me and gives me a bear hug while sobbing. " what happened?" I ask curious of the affection. "Its horrible.... The poor boy, he was just your age", my mother says while blowing her nose into a tissue. My step father comes up and places a hand on my shoulder. " the boy next door died today." A boy died? "How", I ask not knowing how I should react. " from what we heard he was murdered", says my sister. MURDERED?!?! "Is this true?" No one answers. "Your mother and I have talked it over and we will move out of here by the end of the month", says my step father. WHAT NO, THIS CANT BE HAPPENING! " its for the best", say my mother. In my anger I run to my bedroom and slam the door shut. I lay on my bed and cry into my tear soaked pillow. Not tears of sadness but of anger. WHY? why must this be happening to me? Wait, no. This is wrong of me to be thinking this way. Imagine the poor boy. Had he not been home he may of lived. Why would someone do such a terrible thing? "Why are you crying?" I sit up and look around. Floating in front of me is a ghost. A ghost boy. "I am sad and angry." How strange, ghost don't often get involved with humans in conversations. "Why", he asks. "A person died next door and my parents want to move away because he was murdered."
Hold the phone, this is a ghost boy I've never seen before and a human boy died today. "Could you help me?". Help him? "I think I am dead, I think I was murdered." I study his see through face. He is actual not bad looking at all. "I don't know what to do and you are the only person who can see and hear me". I look down at my hands. A ghost is asking me for help. " you must have unfinished business because you have not gone into the light, can you think of any reason why you might need to stay on earth a little longer?" His eyes find somewhere else to look at. "No".
Is he lying?