Side Chapter - The Builders

Gally sent you to help Elliot, one of his builders. You walked over to him and he stood up, giving you a bright smile.

"Hey Gre- I mean, Y/N. Guess Gally wants you to work with me?"

"Yeah. I don't think he's particularly wants me near him at the moment....or anytime in the future."

"Hahaha," he laughs, "You tricked him good."

"Thanks Elliot."

Elliot was, height wise, at your nose and he had shiny silver-grey hair. He also had soft blue eyes and broad shoulders. His face is kind and lights up when he grins.

"So ready to start?"

"As I'll ever be."

He nods and motions for you to follow him. He walks over to the edge of the Deadheads were a small shed is. He unlocks the door and goes in for about five minutes then comes out with two hammers, a saw, a box of nails and a huge pile of wooden planks. He puts it down beside the shed and wipes his forehead. Then he hands you a hammer.

"Guessing you know what this is and what it does?"

"Yeah, it's a wrench and you use it to screw in screws, of course I know what it is."

"Haha. Here could you take half of the wood because if I took it all, I WOULD collapse before we even took ten steps."

"Sure. Where we going?"

"Homestead. Need to fix a few floorboards around in it."

"Alright Boss, I got it."

You take roughly around half the stack and start to walk in the direction of Homestead, occasionally pausing to move the planks threatening to fall off. When you get there, you are quickly followed by Elliot, who lays his pile beside the entrance to the building.

"Whew. Ah, my arms ache like all
hell."

"Yeah, mine too."

He rubs his upper arms then puts on a sly grin.

"Sooo....You and Newt, huh?"

"What?! No! He's like my brother!"

"Good. That's...yeah."

"Wait wait wait. Elliot? Do you have a crush on Newt?"

"W-What? Why would you say that?"

"Because it's true?"

"I-Uh I..I'm."

"It's okay if your gay."

"I...I might have a teenie, tiny, itsy, bitsy minuscule thing for him."

"Oh my shuck. It's so bloody adorable! Just tell him!"

"I can't! I don't think he swings that way."

"I'll find out for you."

"No you bloody won't. I don't want to end up freaking him out."

"Don't worry, I am a master of subtlety."

"I don't think-"

"Trust me."

"Okay, ready to start?"

"Yep."

He lifts a few planks and nods for you to open the door, you open it and he walks in, heading up stairs. You follow him and stop when he puts the wood down.

"So we have to fix a few boards in Alby,(♡) Newt (♡), Eddy and Minho's room."

You nod and wait for instructions.