How it all began...

Zaire

Here I was a 10 year old little girl living in the dusty streets of Detroit, Mi with my grandma Lucy. Granted I lived in Detroit I was spoiled rotten and I knew it. My granny gave me everything I wanted and I had my Bestfriend Isaiah who lived right across the street from me so I was good. Isaiah lived with his Auntie Pam and me living with my Grandma Lucy we instantly clicked. We felt we had some things in common. Isaiah and I did everything together for multiple reasons. One we were the best of friends and we both were only child's so we knew what it felt like to be alone.

Zaire Thomas

Zaire Thomas

I'll never forget the day Isaiah moved in with his Aunt. I was outside playing in the front yard and I saw a truck pull up that didn't look familiar to the area. I ran to the porch like my grandma always instructed me to do when I saw something out of the norm. I sat with my head nervously down until I saw a little bit who looked to be my age hop out. I began to scan the area over and see that him along with another boy were carrying bags and boxes into the house. I smiled thinking finally I'll have someone to talk to. He doesn't know anyone so he'll want a friend and I need a damn friend.

I ran inside to my granny aka Ma and told her to come look someone was moving in with Mrs. Pam. My ma's eyes got big as I'm assuming she couldn't imagine anyone moving in with her. I asked if we could go over there and introduce ourselves. She whined and said that's being nosey but agreed to take me over.  I didn't know why but I was nervous as we walked over to meet the mystery boy.

Isaiah Davis

Isaiah Davis

My grandma noticed it was a young boy and gave me a wide smile. As she walked up to Mrs. Pam she told me to go introduce myself to him. I slowly walked to the porch where he was sitting and said Hi my name is Zaire Thomas and you are? He looked up and then circled his head around as if I was talking to someone else. I chuckled and he said sorry I'm Isaiah Davis. I asked him was he moving in for good or just visiting while his parents went on vacation? He seemed a little sad and I just told him well we don't have to talk now but I live right across the street if you ever want to play.