five

Target
• • •
- Sydney -

After finishing our ice cream, Chris and I got back into his car. I thought we were finally going back home, but he had other plans.

I groaned as we turned into Target's parking lot.

"Do we have to do this? It's really late."

He chucked.

"It's still around ten. Just lighten up, I promise you'll have a good time tonight," he said as he pinched my cheek.

I swatted his hand away and sighed as I got out the car. I guess I'll have to deal with this.

"I didn't even know Target was open this late," I mumbled.

He looked over at me and smiled again.

"Why do you smile so much? Especially at me, stop that."

He chuckled again and I pretend to be angry.

"Stop that!" I said in a pouting way.

He started laughing even harder and I couldn't help, but to join him. Then, some random person looked at us threateningly and we laughed quietly.

We went down the food isles first and started getting somewhat random food. Candy, soda, water, spaghetti, pop-tarts, frozen pizzas, things of that nature.

Then, we went down the electronics and books isle. He went to the electronics and I went to the books.

- Christopher -

After getting a few CDs that I wanted, I snuck up behind Sydney and scared her.

"Boo!" I said, putting my hands quickly around her waist.

"Chris!" She jumped up and looked back at me. Then, she turned around with a sigh and a somewhat angry look.

I was laughing as she continued to look through the books.

"Come on now Sydney," I said wrapping my arms back around her waist and resting my head on hers.

"You know it was just a joke."

She fake pouted and spoke in a baby type voice.

"That wasn't funny. I hate being scared."

I laughed again and responded.

"Okay, I won't scare you again."

"Promise?" She said, still in her baby voice as she held up her pinkie.

"Promise."

I wrapped my finger around hers and we both started dying of laughter.

After finding a book that she wanted, we paid for our things and left the store.

We got back in the car and I started it, driving to another place that wasn't the apartment.

"Bruh..." Sydney said, starting off her sentence.

"Are we ever gonna go home?"

I smirked and changed our route.

"Yeah, we're gonna go home now, but bring a dress, some sweats, a change of clothes, and a swimsuit. We're going back out..."