Part 8: She never makes the same mistake twice

Elizabeth eventually redressed her illness and was ready to help out at the Boar Hat again. She was in high spirits as she used to be. It was one of the many things that would probably never change about her. She served the customers and occasionally tripped over chairs and legs. She filled Meliodas heart with joy. He loved watching her do her work and being clumsy as well.

In the evening, as the Sin closed the bar, he noticed that he ran out of water again. It felt like a déjà vu to him as Elizabeth offered to help him bring some fresh water.
They walked down to the river. It was a warm evening even though the sun already had set.
"This time, don't make the bucket too full!" said the blond.
Elizabeth nodded and only filled it halfway.
While Meliodas was carrying his two full buckets, Elisabeth had her half full one. She carried it in one hand and kept balance with the other. As she had got the knack of it, she tried to keep up with Meliodas pace. She did it way better than last time.
Elizabeth walked behind Meliodas again but wanted to walk next to him and started walking faster. Concentrating to catch up with the blond she didn't notice a root on the ground. Before she could realize what was happening, she was lying on the ground, completely wet. Déjà vu.
"Elizabeth..."
Meliodas didn't know what to say anymore. Even though she did everything right today, she was still as clumsy as ever. He started laughing and after Elizabeth realized where she was, she was laughing as well.
"I'm sorry, Sir Meliodas"
"I will take you home before you get sick again!"
He doffed his shirt and gave it to her. She took it. She knew she didn't have a choice. The boy turned around and let Elizabeth undress her rose blouse and put on his white. Because her skirt and sock got wet as well, she had to undress them too. She sighted but was glad that Meliodas shirt could cover her bottom as well.
"Let's go home..." she said as she was done changing. Meliodas turned around and had to take a good look. He examined her good.
"No way I will let you walk like that!"
"Does it look that bad on me?"
Meliodas had to hold in for a second so he wouldn't yell what he thought about this.
"Just the opposite! It looks way too good on you!" he said it as restrained as he could.
He approached the girl and took her princess-styled in his arms.

He wouldn't let her get sick that easily again, so what he had to do was to carry her home as fast as he could. Elizabeth grabbed onto the Sin tightly and he jumped as high as he could, to overcome great distances fast.
Maybe he would pick up the water later but one thing was sure. He would never let anything bad happen to his Princess again.