Chapter 16: The Truth Hurts

“Oh, what are you making so earlier this morning?” Smiled WooBin, walking into the kitchen in his pajamas. “Something.” I answer shortly, concentrating on how I was icing the special cookies I was making. “Smells like cookies. Yummy.” WooBin said from over by the refrigerator. “They are and if you touch even one, I will chop off your darling little hand.” I smirked, finishing up my last cookie. “Finally... Complete... I’ve been working on this for a while.” I huffed to myself.

“Cookies that...look like Goo Joon Pyo? That’s more of a revenge gift than a happy gift, don’t you think?” Mocked WooBin. I reached over the kitchen top’s counter, punching WooBin. Not hard enough to really hurt though. “Ouch sis, you are cranky in the morning...” He teased, leaning over the counter as he watched me put the cookies in a small, open-top, paper-like box.

“What are you doing up so early anyway? You are usually stuck in bed well around eleven or so...” I observed, putting the white top over the box before carefully sliding them into a large, gift like bag that was designed in many pretty, Christmas-like colors. “Oh, well, I was going to wake you up, but you were already up.” WooBin shrugged, sipping on his juice.

“Wake me for what?” I asked confused, finally looking up at him. “For the ski trip of course.” WooBin answered. My eyebrows furrowed. “Ski...trip? What ski trip?” I blinked, obviously out of it this morning. WooBin stared at me at me before slowly shaking his head. “What? Why are you shaking your head at me?!” I shouted in frustration.

______________________________________________________________________________

“You honestly forgot about our trip today?” Natalie asked as we stepped into the ski lodge we would be staying at.

Goo Joon Pyo sat crouched before me, his hands on my knees. “I want to go...” He whispered, his eyes flickering between my eyes. “Every day if possible...” He finished. I watched him, my eyes searching his endlessly. In my chest... There was a very powerful kick. After that, another one even stronger. My heart was beating...so fast. In fact, it seemed to be thumping hard each second that passed.

“My mind was preoccupied.” I huffed, crossing my arms, being mindful of the bag in my hand. “With what?” Natalie smirking, latching onto my left arm. I glanced at her and then just rolled my eyes, shaking my head. “Never you mind. Besides, you never told me where you went that day I went to go talk to Goo Joon Pyo.” I said, looking at her.

Natalie’s eyes widened. “Oh...y-you want to know?” She stammered. My eyebrow rose at her sudden change in behavior. “Yes, I would like to know...” I said slowly. She gave me what sounded to be a nervous chuckle. “Ah... Well, that’s a really funny story actually. See-” “There you guys finally are.”

Both Natalie and I looked up to see Yi Jung’s smirking face as he walked over, Ji Ho and Goo Joon Pyo walking with him. I don’t know why, but I all of a sudden felt very shy. My head bowed and my eyes found interest in my snow boots suddenly.

“Yeah. When did you guys arrive?” I heard WooBin asked from the other side of me. “We actually haven’t been here that long. I’d say only a few minutes. We were actually getting the rooms settled.” I heard Ji Ho reply. “Mi Kyong?” My ears registered my name being called. Slowly shifting my vision, very reluctantly, I found myself gazing at the three boys before me.

“Hmm?” I hummed. “You alright? You are unusually quiet.” Ji Ho observed. I could feel my cheeks burning slightly. “O-Oh?” I asked. The boys then glanced at Joon Pyo who was staring at the bag in my hands. I looked down at it as well before looking back at him nervously. “What’s in the bag?” He asked, his tone filled with curiosity. WooBin began to laugh at the question itself, obviously knowing what was in the bag.