Maya Price's Journal #36

(From Maya Price's Journal #36)

July 16, 1996

Today my mom made us go to bible school. I dont like bible school. I dont like the songs or the snowcones they give us for snacks. I do like playin kick ball. I really dont like playin with the other kids because they dont like me. They dont like Summer either so we play by ourselves. Today Summer wore the big pink and green bow that Grandma Helen made her with some really big earrings she took from Mommys jewelry box. I guess the other kids dont wear stuff like this, because Jeremy Lipscomb started makin fun of Summer. Then his friends started makin fun of her. He laffed and pointed at her bow and earrings while they were givin us the gross red snowcones. Me and Summer went to the bathroom and she started cryin real bad. I asked her what was wrong and she said she thought a bee stung her but I knew she was upset about what Jeremy said. I dont know what hapened. I started feeling really shakey and like I was gonna do somethin real bad. I walked out of the bathroom and onto the rec feld where everyone was playing kick ball. I was so so so mad! I knew I was gonna be in big truble just like that one time I walked out of Mrs. Cross'class cause I was mad about someone stealin my milk. But I couldnt help it. Jerermy was in the line to kick the ball when I walked up to him. He said what do you want but I didnt know what to say. I was about to punch him in his ugly nose but someone grabbed my punchin hand. I turned around and it was this new boy Pete. He doesnt really have any friends at bible school but hes always smilin at me. I asked him what he was doin but he just said dont do it. I told him that Jeremy couldnt get away with makin fun of my sister and Pete said he didnt want me to get in truble. And then he punched Jeremy in the face. That new boy Pete got in trouble for punching Jeremy Lipscomb. He didnt tell anyone why he did it and he got yelled at and he cant come back to bible school. I think he did it so I wouldnt get in truble. Maybe we will be friends.