Chapter 3

The girl said that her name is Lys. She also said that I was very lucky because they found me before the Wolf comes. The name of the country where I was is Citadel. In this country, which is hidden from the other parts of the world, you can catch a virus transforming people in Wolf if they are nasty or in foxes if they are kind. Lys introduced me to her brother, Hunter. They were still human because they did not catch the virus yet. However, they were living, every day and even every second of their lives, with the fear to catch the virus. They were hoping for the coming of a savior. Indeed, there was a legend about a very strong boy with green eyes and a birthmark in the shape of a paw. At the right time, he will transform himself into a tiger and he will restore order in Citadel. The werewolves, the foxes and the humans would live in peace, thereafter. Wait.... Did she mention a birthmark in the shape of a paw?, I asked myself. It was very strange because I was born with such a birthmark. I said nothing to Lys and changed the topic of the conversation. I asked for a glass of water because I was very thirsty. They took me to the kitchen. The explained to me that my leg was not broken but that I had a sprain. They put on my ankle a "magical ointment" so I could walk again the next day. On the way to the kitchen, I looked around me. The house was very beautiful but something was missing. I felt a great emptiness. I asked them if they were other people in the house. They said that their mother and father died when Lys was 7 years old and Hunter 10 years old. They went on a journey to find the boy with the birthmark. They left behind their two children because they were too young to participate to this long trip. So, Lys and Hunter lived now alone in this forest. I continued to look around and I saw, in a corner of the kitchen, a picture of two people. I though that they were Lys and Hunter's parents. The women had the same hair and beautiful eyes than Lys. Then, we returned to the living room and I fell asleep with a lot of questions in my head.
-------------------------------------
I woke up suddenly and I heard Lys shout. I got up and saw large claw marks. A Wolf had caught Hunter ....