Prologue

The Sun was caressing her soft pale skin, while the rude wind was messing with Amarantha's ginger hair. She had checked for the third time the information from her airplane ticket then entered the busy airport. She was shocked by the organised chaos from the waiting lounge that looked like a beehive. The controlled voice announced the gates were open which made her jump a little.

''Dutty calls'' she muttered under her breath, trying to release the stress

Amarantha felt the dizziness of the long flight attack her senses, being a bit upset about it. From all times, she must not feel jet lagged when her entire life depends on this mission. The lady hugged her red bag, which complimented her all-black outfit, heading towards the shiny black Rolls-Royce which looked like a dragon laying lazily in the sun. The driver didn't turn on the engine as she stumbled unlady-like into the leather place and smashed the door, not caring of the expensive car.

''Who stole your gun, honey?'' 

Let's say that she is one of the rarest person who really loves their boss. She sees Angelo like a cat, a dangerous one. The well-known man was staring at her expectantly as his scary hands which strangled lots of innocent people, gave her one envelope. Inside it, 2 shiny theater tickets were waiting to be used. The letters were black, written in an elegant style. She sighed loudly, making Angelo chuckle. He wasn't old, not at all. He was twenty four and Amara perceived him like a big brother.

'' We have a resurrection to perform, Amarantha!'' his raspy tone made people shiver in their pants, but he wasn't intimidating her.

'' Stop saying my whole weird name! Keep telling the details.''

In view of everyone they were like a tiger and its baby. Her voice was strong, reverberating like a fly in an empty room in the spacious limousine. Angelo started to laugh, content with her dropping the facade of an innocent girl. Her claws were wanting to come out, so he started to explain the situation before he was going to get hurt.

'' The rendez-vous point is in theater's garden. There William will probably be attacked by some policemen and that's when you appear. You save him, told that he is resurrected while you're watching the beautiful Phantom of the Opera.'' he finished laughing

She hadn't find anything to comment, so Amara grabbed the door handle, prepared to leave the chilly weather from the car, but Angelo touched her wrist lightly, making her to look him into his eyes. 

'' It's a friend of mine, please protect him!''

The CEO shell cracked a bit and the young lady could see the humanity. As the killings were intesifying, the human part was fading, but it was still there. Then she knew how much Angelo would fall aparat without her. She had nodded her head slightly, then let herself out in the hot California weather. 

The night had come faster than she thought. The moon was throning on the starry sky, fireworks mocking her accelerated heartbeat. Then she saw him, feeling her heart jump outta her delicate chest. William, with his dark hair appeared like a fallen angel in Eden's garden. He didn't know her, she didn't know him, but both of them were alike. His tiger blueish stare looked in her deep forests.

'' Get down!''he shouted, his manly voice piercing through the deadly night's silence

Bullets were flying like butterflies on a field full of colourful flowers except that in death was nothing beautiful. After the altercation, he embraced her tightly, never wanting to let go. They entered the theater as the actors have their everything on stage. She told the stranger who saved her how the agency wanted her to be a part of his resurrection. 

'' I am William. I was caught in this snakepit until you found me. Thank you!''

'' That's my job, hero boy''

He blinked fast, not believing how I just called him. She didn't know William's circumstances but somehow, she wasn't afraid of him. On the contrary, his slinky moves were hypnotising, making her feel dragged to his presence. She has to protect him from now on, she can't let her heart slip away into his strong arms. Suddenly, curiosity striked. They were an agency which deleted one's criminal past, letting him be free once again.

'' How many times have you been resurrected?'' her voice was slightly trembling

His blue eyes shone in amusement, as remembering an old joke, making her heart race for the Gran Prix.

'' Ten times!''

A/n: This is my new story and I have big plans with it. Please be patient because I am reading a lot, alternating with writing.

I wanna start Me Before You because the releasing date of the movie is approaching.

All the love. x